Advice for integrated stereo amplifier and speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

I'm planning to upgrade my system (which can be seen in my signature, except surrounds, sub and center)

Idea is to get a integrated stereo amplifier and pair of speakers.

Below is a photo of my appartment. Only important thing missing from the picture is acoustic foam panels that I have bought since the image was taken (http://www.thomann.de/fi/the_takustik_was7_absorber_8erset.htm).

So the large wall behind the speakers and the wall behind sofa has been treated to some extent.

Here are some room measurements.

Distance between the speakers is currently 2.8 meters (9.2 feet). And the distance to the sofa around 3 meters (9.85 feet).

Speakers are about 20" from the wall behind them, they can be moved even more into room.

For speakers I've been looking for KEF Q300, Monitor Audio BX2, Monitor Audio RX2, PSB Image B6.

And for amplifiers Marantz PM6004, NAD C326 or Yamaha A-S500.

So budget wise I'm set at max 1100-1200 euros (850-950£) .

I listen mainly rock music. So the thing I'm looking for compared to my Diamond 9.1 is overall bigger sound and sharperheavier bass. So are those bookshelves punchy enough for that distance?

Also I'm not ruling out a pair of floorstanders, though do I need more powerful amp for them?

I find many of floostanders too short for my listening height. They should be atleast 1m tall.

I really appreciate your help!

jkj_by_hekoheko-d5cdcy1.jpg

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi there.

Your choice of speakers looks good to me, particularly the Kef's. Can I throw in a curve ball for an amplifer. Consider the Exposure 2010s amp. Its a real hidden gem and in my opinion a better bet for your tastes than the one's your considering. However the Nad is a rock star at heart.

:rockout:

A

Anonymous

tifosi20002008 said:
Hi there.

Your choice of speakers looks good to me, particularly the Kef's. Can I throw in a curve ball for an amplifer. Consider the Exposure 2010s amp. Its a real hidden gem and in my opinion a better bet for your tastes than the one's your considering. However the Nad is a rock star at heart.

:rockout:

Thanks! I'm gonna check that out.

Also to mention that my turntable+cartridge (my main source) produces slightly brighter sound so maybe a warmer speaker/amp combo would be better...?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts