Adding tracks to ipod without syncing.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Ok the problem I have is this. The hard disc on my laptop is knackered and so I have lost my itunes library, I don't care about this in that I don't listen to music on the pc anyway. I'm using another computer now but if I want to add tracks to the ipod (from itunes or from CD) it seems I have to sync it with this computer which of course does not have my library on it. This in turn seems to mean that If I do sync it I will lose everything on my Ipod.

Just want to be able to add tracks without it erasing the rest of my tunes as there is 200+ albums on it. Seems really stupid that all the tracks on the ipod have to match those on the pc. Does this mean if you have 80 gigs of apple lossless on the Ipod you're going to have to use 80 gigs of pc hard disc? I did try and move the library to an external disc but when I played back the tracks from it they would feature annoying random interruptions of abrupt short 'noise', so gave up on that idea. (another issue in its own right but not one I'm too concerned about at the moment) Anyway, if anyone can help I'd be greatful.

A

Anonymous

This is pretty straight forward. Without having your iPod plugged in go to the Edit menu and select Preferences. Then on the Devices tab check the box marked "Disable auto syncing...". This should prevent your iPod being wiped next time you plug it in.

Then when you have plugged your iPod in go to its main Summary page and check the box "Manually manage music...". I believe this enables you to click and drag from your iTunes to your iPod.

I hope this works for you.

Mark

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I think that you will still be forced to wipe your ipod through this method as you can only officially link your ipod to one PC. Even this manual system will force you to wipe your ipod.

There are programs available on the net to allow the retrieval of tracks off an iPod. You could then transfer them to your PC and then reload them and the new tracks back onto your ipod via the official route.

I am uncertain if I am allowed, on this site, to tell you the software needed but it is available free from a lot of reputable open source sites.

Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Seems there may be hope yet!

TRENDING THREADS