How To Starting again...

Tad_Dank

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
I just got a Technics SA-C600 and some Dali Oberon 5 speakers. My music collection is on compact disc, but having been imported into iTunes is all in .mp3 or .m4a format. Obviously I don't want to listen to this format, so I am faced with re-importing all of my music into a new library. Which software would everyone recommend I use ? I want to store all of it on an external hard drive that I can use as as a backup and also to listen off the Technics app on my phone when I'm out and about. Suggestions?

oldie

Nov 9, 2021
Visit site
Which software would everyone recommend I use ?

Only last week I just purchased 'dBpoweramp' so simple to install/set-up and use....worth every penny.....it also comes with their own 'dbpoweramp Forum' with 'hints n tips' and questions/answers for any queries......

Last edited:

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I just got a Technics SA-C600 and some Dali Oberon 5 speakers. My music collection is on compact disc, but having been imported into iTunes is all in .mp3 or .m4a format. Obviously I don't want to listen to this format, so I am faced with re-importing all of my music into a new library. Which software would everyone recommend I use ? I want to store all of it on an external hard drive that I can use as as a backup and also to listen off the Technics app on my phone when I'm out and about. Suggestions?
You can change the import settings in iTunes to loss less ALAC and make it the default, you've already got the software and its CD quality. Your Technics will support ALAC files from a HDD on USB A.

daveh75

Obviously I don't want to listen to this format, so I am faced with re-importing all of my music into a new library.

Why?

You'd be in a very exceptional group of golden eared people to be able to hear a difference between your lossy rips and lossless/CD quality

It's at least worth testing out for yourself before committing to the tedious task of re-ripping your CD collection

Why?

You'd be in a very exceptional group of golden eared people to be able to hear a difference between your lossy rips and lossless/CD quality

It's at least worth testing out for yourself before committing to the tedious task of re-ripping your CD collection

it would appear the OP is no longer with us...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts