Question Adding a subwoofer to a stereo music system

Barry Watton

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
I am currently the proud owner of an Arcam A19 and CD73 hooked up to some B&W 606s. I love the standmounters, but I notice when playing some pop/rock music that on occasion the bass player's rhythm drops a little as if there isn't quite enough oomph in the speakers to go low enough to reproduce all of the bassline properly. I was thinking of adding a B&W ASW08 sub as this is a good sonic and aesthetic match for the standmounters and its a 30m2 room only. My question is what's the best way to connect the sub, do I 1) connect to the A19's speaker terminals with spade connections (the 606's are connected with bananas) to the subs speaker terminals, 2) connect a twin set of RCAs direct from the CD player to the subs RCAs, or 3) a sub RCA from the coax of the cd player to the sub's coax? Is there another (better) way? Are there any sound timing or integration issues with any of the methods I've suggested? Thanks guys and gals

Barry Watton

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Thanks again, thats helpful. I was thinking that may be the solution, but I wasnt sure and wanted the view of someone more in the know than me. Ta.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Barry,
Check BK subs out, the XLS200 is a similar price but more power and bigger driver, and the XLS400 just gets better again (I have the XLS400). You have to buy them online direct from the UK manufacturer, but they are great VFM. They are highly regarded.
BK Subs
And I advise you to call BK and ask for their advice, they are very helpful.

Hi Barry,
Check BK subs out, the XLS200 is a similar price but more power and bigger driver, and the XLS400 just gets better again (I have the XLS400). You have to buy them online direct from the UK manufacturer, but they are great VFM. They are highly regarded.
BK Subs
Be careful to add comments that are relevant to the post please. This could be considered to be spam .
The OP has stated the subwoofer he wants to attach and why.

TrevC

Hi Barry,
BK Subs

Sound advice. BK subs are the best for value and performance. You can connect the sub to the rear of the speakers of course, which amounts to the same thing as connecting to the amp.

Reactions: jonathanRD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts