Adding a power amp???

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Evening gents/ladies, looking for some info regarding power amps. I'm thinking about adding the marantz mm7025 power amp to my SR7005 to help drive my 683's.

How does it work exactly? Is power delivered from both amps or just the power amp?? If so, are we taking noticeable differences in control of my speakers taking into account the power amp cost around £650 and delivers only an extra 15watts per channel ??

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
atkins4725 said:
Evening gents/ladies, looking for some info regarding power amps. I'm thinking about adding the marantz mm7025 power amp to my SR7005 to help drive my 683's.

How does it work exactly? Is power delivered from both amps or just the power amp?? If so, are we taking noticeable differences in control of my speakers taking into account the power amp cost around £650 and delivers only an extra 15watts per channel ??

Hi ,

It is very simple you connect the front speakers to the power amp . than you connect the MARNANTZ SR 7005 with RCA cabels via the front RCA (red/white) pre out to the power amp . only the power amp will give the power to the front speakers

and your AV receiver wil operate as pre out only for them . You should consider a significant differences in control of your speakers in terms of

power but much less in terms of sound quality .

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I went down this track and the MM7025 made a big difference to my SR7005.Those B and W's need a lot of power to do them justice,and adding this amp will do it.IMO,a no brainer. But then i tired of the Marantz and bought a Pio LX85 and whamo...no outboard amp required :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts