adapter for an ipod lead for a sony mp3 player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am buying a new car which has a lead to plug an ipod in, however I have a Sony mp3 player. Does anyone know where I can get an adapter.

The car stereo does not have an auxilliary socket so I cannot just plug the mp3 player in there.

Thanks

Adrian

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
adrian5127:
Hi

I am buying a new car which has a lead to plug an ipod in, however I have a Sony mp3 player. Does anyone know where I can get an adapter.

The car stereo does not have an auxilliary socket so I cannot just plug the mp3 player in there.

Thanks

Adrian

What car is it Adrian?

A

Anonymous

It is a Hyundai Coupe. There is no obvious auxliary to the stereo that I saw when I test drove the car ( will get my hands on it Monday ) There is a lead coming from a small holder between the seats which then goes into the body work in the car. Unfortunately I recently moved over to Sony MP3 players and no longer have the ipod. I am sure someone must do an adater. I have tried looking at Maplins website with no joy.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I think that's the Apple 30pin dock connector, which will give you control functionality via your head unit. Probably best to have one of the service guys at the dealer (using their release keys) pop out the stereo and have a look at the back to see if there's more inputs. I haven't seen an adapter that allows you to connect a non-iPod to an iPod connector, as there's control signals being sent via the dock, not just music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts