Active speakers to pair with a Behringer B1200D-PRO sub

grasu

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
First of all I would like to a extend a warm "hello" to all forum members who view this post. Secondly, like many other people here, i have a question: what would be the best pair of active speakers to use together with a Behringer B1200D subwoofer? I know that Behringer isn't exactly high end gear however my budget is very tight and my requirements are very low. I need this system to perform well with a minimal power consumption in rooms of, at most, 80 sq. meters (~800 sq ft.) with, at most, 30 people in the room. It would also be nice if this stuff would work well for yard parties. The speakers and subwoofer will only be used to play music, mostly the bass-y stuff that people today listen to. TL; DR: this stuff will be used for parties and needs to have BASS and be LOUD. So, after checking out what the stores in my region offer I've come up with 3 active speakers that fit the budget: Behringer B210D, Behringer B212D, Alto Professional TX12. I'm looking to get a pair of speakers BUT i'm considering getting just one speaker if the quality will be all right and people won't be able to tell if it's "too" mono. Finally, the questions: 1. Which of these pairs of speakers will give me the loudest, clearest sound and will pair best with the subwoofer?2. Is it worth it to get just one, better quality, speaker like the EV ZLX 12P?3. The power consumption varies widely on these speakers. Some are as low as 110w others as high as 600w. What can I expect these speakers to drain in terms of power? Cost isn't an issue but these speakers will be played in places with 20-25A at 220v power load / house so I would not want to melt the sockets. Any help would be appreciated.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't help with the models you list but I breifly owned the KRK Rokit 10-3 and while they weren't the last word in refinment they were ideal party speakers. They are very large, three way speakers with 10" bass unit. I don't want to do them a diservice in terms of refinment, I used them as Hi-Fi speakers before moving to Event Opals but if I ever wanted reasonably priced party speakers that did bass I'd consider getting another pair.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I would simply buy the biggest Behringer 'B Series' I could afford.

The output requirements, 'BASS, LOUD', will be far more important than any modest differences in sound quality. B215s with a 15inch bass driver and 500w digital amplifier are not that much more than your suggested models and should have greater output capability which is everything in this application.

One tip, use stands to get the speakers up around shoulder height, firing into a mass of bodies absorbs a lot of sound and loses impact.

PS. You are not planning to use this anywhere near me, are you?

grasu

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
@bluedroog - Those are some nice speakers, much nicer than the stuff I listed. Unfortunately they're also about 3x the money in my area.

@davedotco - OK, thanks for the advice. I'll try to see if I can squeak a bit more cash out for the 215's. Any opinions on the Alto's?

PS: It's highley unlikely that anyone will be anywhere near these speakers when I play them :)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
In these kind of situations, output capability is everything.

The B215s are powerful and sensitive, trust me on this, the extra cash will be well spent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts