Acoustic Zen Adagios

A

Anonymous

Very true. I can get one used (floor model) for a lot less. What would you go for at that price range or a grand less? Thanks.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Here I am again pimping the best floor stand speakers I have heard under 5K....my very own Neat MF5 :)

Other than that I would go for Tannoy TD series (depending on the size of your room as they are massive), A.R.T Emotion (2nd hand), Roksan FR-5 (bargain at 2K!), PMC OB1 (large scale music friendly, very wide soundstage)

A

Anonymous

Thanks! I've only heard the following at that price range in order of preference: (1) Sonus Farber Domus Grand Piano; (2) Martin Logan electrostats, forget the model but in the same price range; and (3) Vienna Acoustic Beethovens.

I'll try and listen to the ones you suggested.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
your list look like you are a classical music guy
emotion-29.gif

If you like Sonus Faber, don't go for Grand Piano as the Cremona are so much better and can be had for two and a half grand (ex-demo)

A

Anonymous

Oddly no. I am a rock, blues and jazz guy (in that order). I liked the Grand Piano on the basis of listening to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb from the Wall album (especially the guitar solo). I didn't like the Vienna Acoustics because it didn't seem to have the "oomph" required for rock.

I will definitely take a look at the Cremona but I mistakenly thought that it was much more expensive than the Grand Piano. Great advice!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Sonus Faber is not well known to rock but they are good enough to do it all (just like my NEAT
emotion-5.gif
) Roksan FR-5 are extreamly good with Guitar sound too as they not come across as ears bleedingly bright, in fact I demo them with Free's "Oh I wept" and was very impress how the guitar solo sounded....oh so natural.

Another thought! Save most of your cash and get a pair of Ruark Tarlisman 2 (£350) as they pounding out rock tune like a deep purple on speed!

A

Anonymous

Thanks! I definitely will look for them. Good food for thought!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts