Accuphase E-210A

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
A change is as good as a holiday, and I'm feeling a little bored with my passive setup of Esoteric RZ-1 powering PMC DB1is.

I see can probably pretty much switch it for a second hand Accuphase E-210A. The Accuphase unfortunately doesn't have meters and doesn't have tone controls either, but I never use tone controls these days. As for a source, I guess I'll probably get an Onkyo DAC-1000, although the more coloured presentation of a Luxman DA-100 is also a bit of a temptation.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with older Accuphase integrateds or newer entry level integrated amps?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Cheers. I'm actually in Japan so I could pick up a 2nd hand E-360 for around that price.

I have listened to the 300 and 400 series and am in no doubt about their potency, but for some reason I've kind of ignored the 200 series apart from a brief listen to the 260, which sounded a bit soft compared to the 360, etc. but that is mainly suffering by comparison to far more competent amps.

If I bump up my budget enough for the 300 series, then that also brings some pretty serious Luxman amps within range too (both class A and seriously powerful class A/B) and the choice widens, but it all starts to be overkill for my speakers. At the moment I'm looking at pretty much a no cost trade in. I guess I have to make the trek to listen to it. Maybe I'll also wait for a Luxman L-505u to turn up 2nd hand too, but it's really the 507u that I lust after. Maybe I'm getting too hung up on wanting an amp that almost doubles its power into 4ohms.

TRENDING THREADS