A85 as a preamp???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am happy with the sound of my system although after reading so many glowing reports about bi-amping arcam amps i am keen to see if i can improve my sound further.

Unfortunately my speakers cannot be bi-wired so i was wondering if using my A85 as a preamp and getting hold of a power amp (P85 maybe) would yield similar results.

If anyone has any opinions or experience with this i would be grateful to hear them. Or maybe i would just be better upgrading my amp in the future to something like an A32, cyrus 8 or Roksan.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO id go the amp upgrade.

There will be a noticable difference from the Arcam DiVA A85 if you went to the Arcam FMJ A32 integrated

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply dan. What improvements should i expect to hear from the a32? I like the detail i am getting at the moment and the sound is nice and smooth but would like a bit more authority and drive with a better grip on the low frequencies. Would i get this from the a32 or would i be better looking elsewhere?

daveh75

Gears of Law:Thanks for the reply dan. What improvements should i expect to hear from the a32? I like the detail i am getting at the moment and the sound is nice and smooth but would like a bit more authority and drive with a better grip on the low frequencies. Would i get this from the a32 or would i be better looking elsewhere? i'd say you've just summed up what you'll get from the a32 in your statement

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
As above really :)

Youve already said what youre going to get by upgrading to the FMJ A32.

It still has that Arcam 'warm' sound but it has a lot more authority and bags of power. The bass weight is fantastic and along side smooth & detailed midrange and lush treble; it'll be a very noticable upgrade

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts