a sub woofer with pro-logic

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
When I run my sub on 5.1, it does its thing, but when I use it on pro-logic, nowt. I've set it up to output to LFE only. Am I missing something, or does pro-logic not utilise the sub?

Cheers

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Could it be your crossover that's wrong?

When it's Dolby Digital 5.1 or whatever, there's a specific sub channel, whereas for prologic I think it's taking 2 channel sound and turning it into surround sound, so if the crossover was too low it might not bother sending anything to the sub?

Sounds like it's a possibility to me, but there may be another reason.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Get exactly the same with my onkyo, have it setup so it outputs main left and right to the LFE channel. You may be able to do the same.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
checked all the settings last night and nuthin. I then watched "Let the right one in" on DVD and had to turn down my sub to nearly its lowest setting as it was rattling the windows and moving the furniture. Odd. Does anyone else have a Denon who cares to comment.

By the way - Let the Right One In is absolutely amazing. Not that grizzly, really atmospheric and oddly sweet in many places.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
In the subwoofer option you can set it up to use LFE+main (from the manual), this should allow sub operation when using pro-logic.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
have done that (previous was LFE only - I thought that would make it use just the sub), with LFE+Main I think I'm getting more base, but still nothing from the sub at all in pro-logic.

A

Anonymous

i had similar problems with my old denon 3805, it was fine with dolby digital but gave nothing thru the sub with PL2, i found i'd got its bass management set up to large speakers all round, i switched to small all round and set the crossover at 80hz ala denons own advice and it was fine

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I reckon that's it. If it's like my Marantz, with the speakers on large it won't be looking to offload anything off to the sub, regardless of the crossover setting.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I think you are approaching this problem from the wrong direction.

1. Set all the speakers to large. Your B&W will sound better that way

2. What ever setting you were using when the sub tried to shake your room to piece were the right setting

3. Unplug the LFE lead from the sub (use line level or speaker level inputs only) - see pages 3 through to 6 or the Sub's user manual http://bwmedia.keycast.com/download/Libraries/3/ASW608610Manual_l8_w0_h0.pdf?dm=633304714637330000

4. Play a CD (with a good bass line) in stereo and tune the SUB to playing 2 channel

5. Plug LFE back in an there you go a sub set to play movies and music

Pro logic is after all a stereo signal split over 4 channels (originally anyway)

Hope this helps

Vance

A

Anonymous

Hi

Last thing i don't see a dedicated CD player and DVD/BD and MP3 tend to handle bass with the same finesse as an elephant playing a piano. So it might be worth setting the Sub while watching MTV bass/dance

set the sub to direct or source, the setting where you have no picture

You have a nice speaker and sub package take the time to get the most out of it

Vance

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts