A morning of speaker hunting to pair with CA 840s

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

How did you get on with your mate's Linn Keilidhs LM? Any thoughts to share on those?

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
lordmortlock:

Err right sorry we've been a bit rubbish with the Linns. A combination of lateness, some work phone calls, a couple of pints and an active/passive issue has left us thinking we'll do it next week. It'll be an interesting set up.

will do it tho - hopefully over the bank holiday. We didn't really have enough time yesterday and would have been rushing

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
No worries. I say I'll do it - But I have a overwhelming urge to take them back and buy an ex dem Quad 909!!! My beresford would work as a pre amp for now until I can afford the 99 CDP2 right? Maybe a question for another thread...

A

Anonymous

lordmortlock:No worries. I say I'll do it - But I have a overwhelming urge to take them back and buy an ex dem Quad 909!!! My beresford would work as a pre amp for now until I can afford the 99 CDP2 right? Maybe a question for another thread...
...I think as long as you have the new Beresford that's both a pre and DAC, i.e. TC7520. You won't regret the 909, superb stuff.

A

Anonymous

lordmortlock:Found one today thats been a demo for a week with a five year warranty for £699. Strikes me as a good deal.
...would you like a bag with that?

idc

Tesler:Just in case anyone may be interested......... Would anyone here be interested to see what the outcome of this is going to be?

Any comparison of anything with anything is interesting and the life blood of the forum. It does not matter if it a comparison between two apparently very similar amps or a big picture comparison of CD vs PC. Go for it. It will help someone, somewhere out there.

TRENDING THREADS