A good starter system for £700 if there is!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi am looking for a home cinema but havent got loads of money to spend on it,either 5.1 or a soundbar for the wife.

I got £700 saved up now,just wondering if shoul keep savin or there somethin out there now to keep me happy,would i need cable with it to??

Hope you can help

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry forgot!!

Tv sony kdl-40w5500

blu-ray panasonic dmp-bd35

Virgin +

X-box & a wii

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd go with a Sony receiver (the handset will control your TV, too) - the STR-DH800 (can be had for £250)

And a set of these Q Acoustics speakers, which can be had for @£399

Bingo - superb-sounding home cinema system.

If you wanted smaller speakers, these @£300 Jamos are the business (but the Q Acoustics package will give you more bang for buck).

Don't forget to budget for cables/stands/brackets as needed!

A

Anonymous

If you can then go for the full 5.1 system over the soundbar. Some people don't like huge speakers cluttering up their living room. Personally I love em. Difference in sound is huge. But if you do there are some decent style packages out there

Try your local richer sounds store. All you need is a 5.1 speaker system, an AV amp and lots of cables to connect it all together.

RS are pretty good with prices, especially if you are buying more than one item. Most if not all their stores have demo rooms so can hear what you will be buying. They may throw the cables in FOC.

For example you can get the KEF KHT1005.2 speaker package and the Sony STRDG820 Amp for £400 & £230 respectively. Add on say another 15% for cables (£94) and thats a bit over your £700 budget but as i say I've always found RS to be pretty good with discounts.

If you can get away with larger speakers Superfi are also doing the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker system for £350, so thats another option.

Whatever people advise, always go and listen to it first before parting with your hard-earned. Good luck and hapy hunting.

A

Anonymous

scousejay:
Hi am looking for a ............. soundbar for the wife.
Thanks

Is that a good swap
emotion-2.gif
');" title="Big Smile -
emotion-2.gif
">
emotion-2.gif

Sorry just my humour - couldn't resist

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't swap my wife for a pair of Nautilus.

A 5.1 Nautilus, tho........
emotion-5.gif

PS - entirely the wrong sub-forum, but was a bit surprised to see they didn't feature in the ultimate guide to high-end....

A

Anonymous

I got the sony and jamo speakers,am well pleased with them to,films are so much more now got them

So thanks for advice

Jay

A

Anonymous

Look at my specs below

Amp 250.00 delivered

9.1/ 99.95

alumni 130.00 rears

Amazing

under 500.00

TRENDING THREADS