A blu ray player that can play CD well

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Whats your current opinions on the best sounding Blu Ray player for CD. I would like to eliminate another box from under the tv without having to put up with a reduce sound quaility on the Alpha 7SE i'm currently using for CD playback

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The Sony BDP-S5000ES Blu-ray Disc Player is a very good CD Player.

Otherwise, your Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Player is actually reasonably good playing-back CD's.

Do try using analogue and digital connections between it and your Marantz A/V Receiver, to see which sounds better to you.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

When we say good are we talking the competence of my current CD player (A Marantz CD 63 -KISI)?

If so that's interesting news and one I'd be keen to follow up on.....

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz BD8002 compares with the SA8003 cd player - a £800 unit. If you are looking for the next step up then the forthcoming UD8004 ( £2000) or UD9004 ( £5000) will certainly deliver.

A

Anonymous

I have had the Marantz CD6000KSI CD player for about 10 years now and cannot find anything to better it. Almost bought a NAIM player for £3000 a few years ago but then bottled it.
I have listened to a few Blu Ray players through my MYRYAD 2080 stereo amp using analogue connections and found that the best sounding one by far was my OPPO BDP-83. Others listened to were Panasonic BD30 - not great, Denon 2500T - didn't have as detailed a sound as the OPPO.

I appreciate it is a limited comparison but have to say that even the OPPO comes nowhere close to my Marantz. It sounds so good, detailed and notes start and stop with great precision.

If I had to get rid of my Marantz, I would be reasonably content with the OPPO especially the fact that it's drawer opening and opoerating times are on a par with normal CD/DVD players and therefore a lot faster than Blu Ray players.

TRENDING THREADS