A bit stuck!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I don't really know anything much about audio equipment and im looking into buying some sort of set up I can plug into my laptop without much hassle.

I was thinking of getting the Logitech Z5500 as it is what my friend has and I love the quality of the bass. I listen to a lot of dubstep, but a lot of acoustic music as well.

I don't have much money to spend, I could go up to £200, but no more really.

I was wondering about spending less on either the Logitech X-540, or[font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] the Logitech G51. Would there be a real difference in the sound quality or just the volume. I don't need it to be anywhere near as loud as the Z5500.[/font]

Sorry for asking such a basic question. Any help would be greatly appreciated! [:)]

Meryl

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Can't comment on those Logitech systems, but if you're only after music playback, you could look at some powered speakers, such as the Audioengine A2s (you get a surprisingly loud sound from these when you consider their tiny size) or the Samson Studiodock 3is or 4is. Or for a more bassy system, maybe the Cygnett-Unison iX5.

These have all the amplification built into one of the speakers, so you can just plug your laptop directly into them using a 3.5mm cable like this Belkin cable.

idc

If there are any DJ/pro-audio shops in your area, try there for powered speakers or monitors. To the above add the brands Genelec, KRK, Alesis and Yamaha. Prices start at under £100 and go to over £1000.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions! looking into them now
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS