7 speakers - worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I;d be grateful for some honest advice.....I have a setup that i'm thrilled with - Yamaha DSP AX863SE through Arcam Muso/Logo 5.1 speakers...it sits in a room thats far from huge - (about 5m x 3m) and I just dont know if its going to be worth adding an additional 2 side speakers to complete the setup??

I'm struggling to get to audition such a system - but different people have both recommended it and others have told me not to bother...

I play DVDs and Bluray through a BD55 and I'm sure the Yam Amp is up to the task - but is the sound even more involving with 7 speakers than it is with 5 - because with 5, it sounds pretty fabulous already!

Grateful for advice.....

Alex

nads

If you have a few discs with 7.1 tracks then it can be worth it. Also if your amp can mix a 5.1 track to a 7.1 then it can also be worth it. But if your amp can not mix to 7.1 then you will have a pair of speakers that are not needed.

I have a slightly bigger room and do have a 7.1 set up.

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha Amp can enhance to 7.1 (I'm pretty sure abotu this as it has a 7.1 enhancer setting) - so maybe, even in a small-ish room like mine, its worth the additional expense?? To get the matching Muso speakers will cost about £300, so its far from cheap...anyone have any experience of 7.1 in smaller rooms??

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Just a note, the additional 2 speakers go behind you and not to the side.

The yamaha does have a setting so you can have sound from your surround speakers diverted to the surround back speakers.

On a 7.1 audio film on a 5.1 speaker set up on the yamaha, the sound to the surround back speakers IS NOT diverted to the surround speakers.

I have changed to a 7.1 system and listening to a 7.1 film ie 3:10 to yuma it sounds superb, you really think the bullets are around you.

I don't think it's essential to upgrade, but on a 7.1 film it DOES make a differance. Unfortunatly there isn't many about right now.

These are only my thoughts of course

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts