• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

5 Stars is starting to bore me

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
I'm sure ten or fifteen years ago five stars was plenty.SQ,build quality,features and price and you were done.
I don't feel this is quite doing the job anymore.There is a much wider spread of products now and the level of complexity for even say, a smart phone is mind bending when compared to a mobile phone review of even six or seven years ago.

And i'm also sure that in another ten years they'll be losing a star if they aren't able to instantly detect an incoming missile attack from another country ;)

Things are getting much more complex and the speed of take up on the newest technology is,well instant.

So dear WHF peeps,how about reviewing the review measuring stick?

"WHF 10 Stars!"

I can see it in the 2014 Pioneer SC LX88 WHF magazine adverts now 8)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
WishTree said:
This is interesting! Let us see what whathifi does on this!!
My guess would be, nothing. This subject has been raised numerous times and the answer has always been the same, they're not changing.

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
KiwiMoto said:
And i'm also sure that in another ten years they'll be losing a star if they aren't able to instantly detect an incoming missile attack from another country ;)
It's an asteroid actually. And it's going to miss anyway.

Timpd

Jun 26, 2012
Looking at the reviews at the back of the mag, I did not see a 1-3 star product listed so it is not even comparing 5 stars. It is either 1 star or 2 star. Does not give much room for manoeuvre ( if one is to put much credednce on star ratings).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts