4S or 5S iphone...?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've always had corporate mobile phone, and always blackberry with outlook email on them. But now due to ipad the email from the Blackberry was removed and this week i was given a Samsung Galaxy Trend that i'm getting some dificults to live with it! And all the contacts in ipad can not be downloaded to Samsung...

So i'm thinking on buying a used iphone, don't want to spend more then 350€, i've selected some units of 16gb and 32gb of 4s some in mint conditions and one brand new but loked to vodafone but i'm a vodafone costumer myself.

But at the same price i 've found some 16gb 5s as well...

So do i buy a 4s or a 5s...?

Opinions from some users please

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
My OH has a 5S and loves it. It is certainly a lot quicker than the 4S that's for sure, and she now finds the 4S screen too small.

I have a 4S and am more than happy with it - I have no immediate compulsion to upgrade at the moment. That said, iOS 7 all but killed my iPhone 4 and I do wonder if iOS 8 will do the same for the 4S when it comes out in the autumn. Pure speculation on my part, but the shelf life of the 4S may be a bit limited on that basis...

John Duncan

Ok. There's an app called my contacts backup which you can use on an iOS device to mail yourself a big ics file. Open it on the Samsung and voilà.

That said, I wouldn't buy a 4S. As Margetti says, iOS 7 totally kills a 4, so don't expect a 4S to have much longevity. We now have a 4, 4S and 5C in the house and the progressively better performance of each is obvious and compelling.

That also said, my next phone will be Android - there are (or will be soon) so many excellent options which outperform any iPhone, or are a quarter of the price, that I don't see why I should pay over the odds. The build quality isn't even all that any more since the move to the 5 series.

svengine

May 17, 2014
Visit site
No reason not to consider another BlackBerry like the Z10 or the Z30, which is IMO better than the iPhone and certainly different. You will have no problems transferring your Data and it also does Active Sync like the Samsung so you will be able to use to use it at work too.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
svengine said:
No reason not to consider another BlackBerry like the Z10 or the Z30, which is IMO better than the iPhone and certainly different. You will have no problems transferring your Data and it also does Active Sync like the Samsung so you will be able to use to use it at work too.

lot of reasons why i shouln't consider a blackberry, but the main of all is the OS, different from ipad! I can imagine myself without many things but a ipad is not among them!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Ok. There's an app called my contacts backup which you can use on an iOS device to mail yourself a big ics file. Open it on the Samsung and voilà. That said, I wouldn't buy a 4S. As Margetti says, iOS 7 totally kills a 4, so don't expect a 4S to have much longevity. We now have a 4, 4S and 5C in the house and the progressively better performance of each is obvious and compelling. That also said, my next phone will be Android - there are (or will be soon) so many excellent options which outperform any iPhone, or are a quarter of the price, that I don't see why I should pay over the odds. The build quality isn't even all that any more since the move to the 5 series.

JD thanks for the info provided, the app worked like a charm, all contacts in Samsung right know! But my future problem still remains, no comunication between the contacts in ipad and MPhone, for work proposes i use very often the email in ipad, and i'm in the comertial area, where new email contacts are added daily.

With ipad and iphone i can comunicate with bouth through "the cloud" and all contacts are up to date.

Regarding diferences between s4 and s5, i've made up my mind and will go for a s5!

thanks once again, for the usefull information!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts