Decisions decisions

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I've posted this here as it is the main platform related to my quandry.

Basically, I need a new phone. My Desire S has develped serious issues with the screen. The touch functionality is very erratic, sometimes not even responding at all. I've tried resetting it etc but nothing seems to work. I previously had an iPhone 3G (which I quite liked) then switched to Android to see if it was better. In all honesty, I can see advantages to both. As an NHS employee I can get some cracking deals, basically £20.50 a month will get me everything I need service wise (minutes,text and internet) and I could have a Galaxy S3 (free), Nexus 4 (free), Motorola RAZR HD (free), Blackberry Z10 (£100), iPhone 4 (free), iPhone 4S (£70) or iPhone 5 (£149).

I'm sort of dismissing the iPhone 5 as I don't really think it worth the money and I'd need lots of new bits and bobs (car charges et al) to accomodate the new mini port thing. I really like the Z10 but the lack of apps etc is making me hesitate. Can't get away from the fact the S3 and Nexus are just a little too big but it's difficult to assess in a shop. The Motorola I have no experience of and the iPhone 4 just seems like a step backwards. I have a Nexus 7 which is completely brilliant and an iPad 2 which is equally fab (I know, I know, inspector gadget or what!)

Aghhh, what to do?????

Any advice would be most welcome from current owners of any :)

Sony Xperia Z is a brilliant option. Check them out in store. A larger screen was a bit shocking for me, but I soon got used to my Lumia 920's (another great option) 4.5 inch screen.

Out of interest, where do you get NHS deals from? I'm working in the NHS as well.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Sony Xperia Z is a brilliant option. Check them out in store. A larger screen was a bit shocking for me, but I soon got used to my Lumia 920's (another great option) 4.5 inch screen.

Out of interest, where do you get NHS deals from? I'm working in the NHS as well.

Sign up to Health Service Discounts website. You get emails of all the deals. Currently, the lumina would be £100, Xperia would be £129. Lumina 820 is free, is there that much difference

Lumia 920 & 820 are Windows phones while Xperia Z is an Android. Have a play with both at your local shop & see which OS you prefer. It depends on personal preference.

920 has more features than 820. The 820 is slightly smaller than the 920.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts