42in TV for £700 - which one to buy??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I was asking about a 50in TV for my ladies dad, but he has chamged his mind and would like a 42in one. I have not got a clue about them as mainly listen to music, so all your advice would be very handy. I know he has sky but would like to get HD TV from them, so this would have to be taken into consideration. Many Thanks..

A

Anonymous

id shortlist the sony 40ex503 lcd and panasonic 42g20 plasma.. both have freeview hd, the panasonic also has freesat..both are very good tv's and can be had for around £600..

A

Anonymous

will have a good look at them. He wanted a shortlist to go through, but if these are the 2 main ones at this price point, then I will scout around on the net for prices.

A

Anonymous

yes they are two big sellers and both get excellent reviews, you could consider a samsung 40c650 lcd too, similar to the sony but may be a touch cheaper, the sony is generally thought to have better motion though..

A

Anonymous

Just having a look on the net at them all, and I will pass on the info so that he can go and have a look in the shops.

A

Anonymous

Just a heads up. Amazon have now put the price up on the Panasonic, it's now £632.

If you buy it from John lewis it's £699 which includes 5 years warranty and if you have a John lewis Credit card you will get £70 worth of vouchers.

If you don't want 5 years warranty, then Comet is the cheapest at £599

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Plasma-TVs/buy-PANASONIC-TX-P42G20BA-Plasma-TV/616850

A

Anonymous

The pana gets very good reviews so will pass the info onto him. thanks.

TRENDING THREADS