Question 3rd Party stands for ATC SCM40A

CleanCopperz

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
I want to know something first. Is there a hearable/sonic difference with Spikes vs Other speaker stands?

If there is very low almost unhearable i want to change my grey speaker feet on the SCM40A to something more fancy/wood look. Walnut or something.

And that is the next question, is it possible to find anything for these speaker?

These are floor-standers, with a slim plinth into which spikes are an optional fitment.

The only other product that might work for you is IsoAcoustics Gaias. They take the place of spikes. They will sound different, but it’s very dependent on your floor - solid, floorboards, sprung, etc.

What finish are yours? They don’t make walnut, so if it’s wood colour, it’ll be Cherry. (Mine are cherry, see next post)

Last edited:
Reactions: CleanCopperz
You can see from this old picture that I avoided skewering my hands by raising them slightly on old Sonus faber ‘Stones’, which are marble slabs.

My passive models are slightly lighter, but you really need help to do it safely. I placed a thin rubberised sheet between the base of the speakers and the stones. It’s the stuff sold in hardware stores to prevent drawer contents rattling or sliding around. View: https://imgur.com/yEFWiBQ

Last edited:
I want to know something first. Is there a hearable/sonic difference with Spikes vs Other speaker stands?

If there is very low almost unhearable i want to change my grey speaker feet on the SCM40A to something more fancy/wood look. Walnut or something.

And that is the next question, is it possible to find anything for these speaker?
Are you sure you have the correct model number there?
One minute you mention stands and then feet.
If indeed you mean feet then the IsoAcoustic Gaias previously mentioned are excellent in the right circumstances but not cheap.

CleanCopperz

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
These are floor-standers, with a slim plinth into which spikes are an optional fitment.

The only other product that might work for you is IsoAcoustics Gaias. They take the place of spikes. They will sound different, but it’s very dependent on your floor - solid, floorboards, sprung, etc.

What finish are yours? They don’t make walnut, so if it’s wood colour, it’ll be Cherry. (Mine are cherry, see next post)

That looks like a good option. I bought the White satin finish. I actually like the minimalistic looks

You can see from this old picture that I avoided skewering my hands by raising them slightly on old Sonus faber ‘Stones’, which are marble slabs.

My passive models are slightly lighter, but you really need help to do it safely. I placed a thin rubberised sheet between the base of the speakers and the stones. It’s the stuff sold in hardware stores to prevent drawer contents rattling or sliding around. View: https://imgur.com/yEFWiBQ

I actually had the same idea, but with some dens heavy marble block. Which is also tilted abit(if it is possible)

Are you sure you have the correct model number there?
One minute you mention stands and then feet.
If indeed you mean feet then the IsoAcoustic Gaias previously mentioned are excellent in the right circumstances but not cheap.

I upgraded from SCM7 to SCM19 a short moment before I chose the 40A. Worth all the money.

Those Gaia feet do look minimalistic/futuristic

What type of floor do you have? If solid then the slabs should work. If hollow with floorboards then the Gaias are good, but only if you cannot cope with spikes into little cups or placed on coins.

White finish ATC has black drivers, grilles and plinth. Cherry has grey drivers and plinth.

Last edited:

CleanCopperz

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
What type of floor do you have? If solid then the slabs should work. If hollow with floorboards then the Gaias are good, but only if you cannot cope with spikes into little cups or placed on coins.

White finish ATC has black drivers, grilles and plinth. Cherry has grey drivers and plinth.
Wood floor.

I am not able to upload picture. Hmmm

D

Deleted member 160668

agree if that wooden floor is suspended and not on solid concrete.
He would need Gaia II's
Assuming you do need Gaia II, the cheapest place I found them was eBay, brand new. The seller was Stereoland in Romania and they are advertised at €549. Arrived fine, exactly as advertised, no import fees and also accepted a slightly reduced offer. I paid £425 total for mine. Brand new. No connection to this seller, but the cheapest place I found mine.

Be sure to check weights required. My speakers are 44kg, I've not googled yours, but Gaia's come in several options.

CleanCopperz

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site

Actually the bass driver is black. The mid and tweeter is grey on mine. Same color as feet(grey)

CleanCopperz

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Mm, that’s interesting. I’d understood it was as I wrote, but I’ve only ever seen Cherry finish close to. ATC used to show different colour drive units in their price list for this reason. RAL7016 is the grey colour, ATC told me.
They are the same color as on the website. I think the white and wood look has the same colors

Reactions: nopiano

CleanCopperz

Feb 12, 2022
Visit site
Apologies, you’re quite right. The two black finishes have black drivers etc, but the white and cherry share grey components. I rechecked the price list and that’s what it says.

But you are right about the sound of these speakers(from class d threat)

They sound amazing. Not only the wide open mid, but the low end has its own world. Its and experience/journey. So well-balanced. The low end keeps up to a certain low volume. So glad I chose the A model.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts