37-42 inch plasma or LCD for wall mounting, sub-£1000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to get my first flat HDTV and want to wall mount it to get rid of some of the clutter in my lounge. I've already planned out my cabling routes etc, but I'm struggling to decide on the TV! i have no preference of LCD or Plasma, if it gives me a great picture then I don't care how it does it!

Originally I was set on a Sony 40W4000 or 4500, but given the large number of issues people seem to have had with these sets I've decided to steer clear, particularly as the Pioneer KRL-37V is now down in the sub-£1000 bracket - in my opinion it has the best picture of any I have seen,but that may be down to bad input/bad set-up in store on the other sets I guess. The one thing holding me back from taking the leap is that it is not particularly thin, and some reviews have said it is fairly heavy, which might be a problem for some people in wall mounting it.

The Panasonic 42PZ85 is another set that has caught my eye, but is similarly proportioned to the Pioneer.

What I would really like is a thin TV (less than 80mm thick) with a picture as good as the Pioneer. The best one I can find in my price range is the 42LG6100 which doesn't seem to get as good scores for image quality as the Pioneer (I'll make another post on this subject in a second! - I'm not an audio/video-phile, so I'm not sure that I will notice a massive difference between a 9/10 and an 8/10). There is also a Sharp set I have seen for £600-700, but I can't remember the model name.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a slimline TV that works well with a wall racket?

Thanks a lot, 

Ben 

TRENDING THREADS