32 inch and magic eye

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am looking to put a 32inch tv on my bedroom wall and having the sky magic eye connected. will the picture be in hd if i was watching a hd programme. also can anyone recommend a 32inch tv with both a freesat and freeview tuner? the majority of the time i will be watching sky through the magic eye so possibly buying a top quality 32inch would be a waste of money.

any thoughts would be much appreciated

D

Deleted member 2457

Nope, the picture will not be in HD.

What hi fi recently gave a panasonic 32inch tv a really good review and that has a freesat and freeview tuner (I think).

I will see if i can find it.

D

Deleted member 2457

http://whathifi.com/Review/Panasonic-TX-L32D25/

Here it is.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

yeah i seen that and it looks like a great tv but with the majority of my viewing going to be through the magic eye is it not going to be a lot of money for the pic quality through the magic eye

D

Deleted member 2457

briski:yeah i seen that and it looks like a great tv but with the majority of my viewing going to be through the magic eye is it not going to be a lot of money for the pic quality through the magic eye

Good question
emotion-21.gif

I have a couple on it, they are both 5 star review tvs, and they both look good, a samsung and a toshiba.

The sonys are really good at the moment. I would of thought the better the tv, the better it will look - naturally.

A

Anonymous

Money-no-issue, the 32pfl9705 should be the best 32" money can buy right now. Using the new Sharp UV2A panel technology, which means a lot. The worse the source, the more important that the TV set can handle bad signals.

daveh75

Mddulated RF feed is the worst possible video quality there is, and TVs of this level are only going to highlight just how bad it is.

If you're going to go for a quality TV, then spend some money on getting a quality feed to it.

D

Deleted member 2457

briski:

i am looking to put a 32inch tv on my bedroom wall and having the sky magic eye connected. will the picture be in hd if i was watching a hd programme. also can anyone recommend a 32inch tv with both a freesat and freeview tuner? the majority of the time i will be watching sky through the magic eye so possibly buying a top quality 32inch would be a waste of money.

any thoughts would be much appreciated

I would say the best thing you could do is to demo the freeview pictures in a shop, most shops let you if you ask and see which one you think looks best
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

Mddulated RF feed is the worst possible video quality there is, and TVs of this level are only going to highlight just how bad it is.

If you're going to go for a quality TV, then spend some money on getting a quality feed to it.

what is the best way to get sky from the box downstairs to a new tv upstairs? is there another way other than the rf out on the hd box

daveh75

briski:daveh75:

what is the best way to get sky from the box downstairs to a new tv upstairs? is there another way other than the rf out on the hd box

An HDMI splitter connected to the SkyHD boxes HDMI output, and an HDMI over cat5/6 balun kit like THIS would be my suggestion....Since you already have the magic eye in place, continue to use it just to relay remote signals back to the Sky box.

A

Anonymous

would this not give the tv downstairs a poorer pic as it is through a splitter? also i have no idea what cat 5 is. im assuming that the 30m cat5 transmits the signal over 30m to the reciever which then plugs via hdmi to the tv upstairs? how much would the cabling cost for this and would the pic quality again b poor upstairs as it is a splitter and the fact it is goin a long way thru a cable?

aplogies for so many questions, never dealt with this before

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I've done this a few different ways over the past six months and can say that the below three methods all worked with no issues:

1. Using Cat 5 / 6 sender using network cable run outside from the living room, up the exterior wall and into the bedroom upstairs. One thing i would mention is there are many of these converters that use two network cable runs, and a few that use single runs. So make sure you know which you're getting. Picture quality fine. Long runs of cat 6 resonably cheap (40m for £25ish).

2. Wirelessly using a Marmitek Gigavideo 800. Worked straight out the box. Pricey though. £300 plus.

3. The current (and final) method. Ran HDMI up the inside of the wall and through the floor. No loss of picture quality with the splitter (which now splits the feed to conservatory and two bedrooms too).

You may think i'm an idiot trying all three methods (especially as they all worked fine). But i do love a project!

TRENDING THREADS