256GB SSD capacity - how much should it actually be?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Crikey the hard-drive on my first Windows 95 PC was only 4GB in total and for recovery it had a single CD. Now they need 26GB for a recovery-partition.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
As long as you have the Windows CDs you might want to delete the recovery partition and reformat the drive into a single partition.

Could be a bad move on a laptop IMHO unless you never take it anywhere. Just imagine you turn up at someone's offices to work and how to scrounge a copy of Windows to connect to their network or printer or,,,,

Just saying...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
AnotherJoe said:
As long as you have the Windows CDs you might want to delete the recovery partition and reformat the drive into a single partition.

Could be a bad move on a laptop IMHO unless you never take it anywhere. Just imagine you turn up at someone's offices to work and how to scrounge a copy of Windows to connect to their network or printer or,,,,

Just saying...

I think WIndows has changed a lot since you last used it. You no longer need to carry around the CD in case you need a new printer driver etc.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I think that you can also set up laptops and pcs to boot first from the hard drive, but if that fails then to boot from the USB port.

So put all your emergency files (including backup copy of windows) on a memory stick, and always carry it in your pocket (or on your keyring).

Hopefully you never need it, but it could save your bacon one day.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts