2 channel Subwoofer Setup

barryb5

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
How does one best set-up a 2 channel system with a subwoofer?

Admittedly, I'm fairly confused by the numerous ways advised to set-up a sub, down to exactly what type of cabling I need - so please, make this dummy friendly!

My setup is purely for music. I've a Yamaha AS501 that has a dedicated sub out, however this has set attenuation at 90hz. For reference, the sub I'll be using is an SVS SB1000, speakers are Zensor 3's. Should I connect a single mono RCA cable from amplifier sub out to LFE input? Or does it need to be stereo connection going into the sub? Alternatively, am I correct in saying I can use the line level outputs (L+R RCA cables) on the sub going into amplifier and then adjust crossover/phase etc via sub?

Thanks in advance...

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
You have two options as I see it. First, as you say, mono RCA from sub-out to LFE in. The second NOT to use a stereo RCA pair but speaker cable and hook up the B speaker posts on your amp to the high level speaker inputs on the sub.

if you like to dabble you could try both to see which is better. I'd just go for the mono RCA personally.

TRENDING THREADS