jjbomber

bubobubo said:
what are your thoughts?

Surely Cr-Apple could have a whole Top 10 to themselves. I've got an ipad PRO which is the biggest waste of time known to mankind. No fewer than 17 different adapters to get it to work fully. Even then you can't stream anything through HDMI other than Cr-Apple content. I also have a Surface PRO which wipes the floor with it for everything. Proper USB and HDMI, faster, better picture, everything.

insider9

Apologies, not read the whole thing. Creation of "articles" like this one stems from sensationalism of media. Extreme views always create more clicks than the common sense approach. People tend to generalise as it can easily replace the need for reasoning on case by case basis.

bubobubo said:
the one i agreed 100 % and i like is this one:

"7.1The Biwiring Lie

.....biwiring is pure voodoo.... it is only fair to point out that biwiring does no harm. It just doesn’t do anything. Like magnets in your shoes" *biggrin*

That's not quite true. Bi-wiring gets you to spend more money than you need to on cables.... :)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
bubobubo said:
what are your thoughts?

Surely Cr-Apple could have a whole Top 10 to themselves. I've got an ipad PRO which is the biggest waste of time known to mankind. No fewer than 17 different adapters to get it to work fully. Even then you can't stream anything through HDMI other than Cr-Apple content. I also have a Surface PRO which wipes the floor with it for everything. Proper USB and HDMI, faster, better picture, everything.
I feel the same about apple products ones your stuck in there trap of iPhone , iPad , iMac it's hard to break away without having to keep upgrading every 2 or 3 years .

if you do not upgrade they stop updating there products like my first iPad 2 which is now useless but nothing wrong with it . Apple know how to make money very well

jjbomber

Blacksabbath25 said:
I feel the same about apple products ones your stuck in there trap of iPhone , iPad , iMac it's hard to break away without having to keep upgrading every 2 or 3 years .

if you do not upgrade they stop updating there products like my first iPad 2 which is now useless but nothing wrong with it . Apple know how to make money very well

Best marketing firm in the World, no doubt about that. But a total waste of money from a hi-fi point of view. We won't ever get a truthful review however!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What's even funnier are people who never stop posting about how crap Apple products are but still keep buying them, especially an iPad Pro which is about the same price as a decent laptop.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I broadly agree with most of it.
jjbomber said:
bubobubo said:
what are your thoughts?

What has this got to do with the article or even audio?

Dont like Apple, don't buy it. Apply products can be restrictive in that they force you to do it Apple's way.

sure you could mess around with adapters, but it would be easiest to stream via AirPlay using an ATV or AEX tucked away out of sight.

Look into what the product can do before you buy it, and if you don't like it get something with the flexibility to work exactly as you want it to. This isn't an Apple vs Android or Microsoft issue, it applies to every product one buys. Make sure your amp or whatever has the functionality and connectivity that allow you to use it comfortably as you want.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I never said Apple stuff is crap

i think apple stuff is well made to last but only lasts until they stop updating it ....which I found out with the iPad 2 last year but I have had it sense 2010 but still works ok .

I've ended up given it to my little one

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
What's even funnier are people who never stop posting about how **** Apple products are but still keep buying them, especially an iPad Pro which is about the same price as a decent laptop.
£80?

Didn't know they were that cheap?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
jjbomber said:
I've got an ipad PRO which is the biggest waste of time known to mankind. No fewer than 17 different adapters to get it to work fully. Even then you can't stream anything through HDMI other than Cr-Apple content.
Didn't you do any research before buying it? Best sell it then.

jjbomber

tino said:
Didn't you do any research before buying it? Best sell it then.

I won it. It remains one of the ten biggest lies in audio. It is a waste of time. Useless.

The point of research would be to find an independent review. There aren't any. If you read the reviews you would think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are rubbish. Hilarious comment of the day though; you don't have to buy 17 adapters when you can but a (Cr-Apple) AEX. Comedy gold. The whole point of Cr-Apple goods, i.e. get you to waste money on even more of them, has totally slipped over their head.

As I say, best marketing firm in the World.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
bubobubo said:
"7.1The Biwiring Lie

.....biwiring is pure voodoo.... it is only fair to point out that biwiring does no harm. It just doesn’t do anything.

Not quite right.

A bit of circuit theory will show that biwiring will introduce a bump in the frequency response of the speaker at the point both drivers are being driven - at the crossover frequency. How big the bump is depends on the resistance (length and cross sectional area) of the cable.

Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing depends on whether you want to introduce a bump into the frequency response of your speakers....

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
I won it. It remains one of the ten biggest lies in audio. It is a waste of time. Useless.
I'll have it if it's that useless. Happy to pay however much you paid to win it. Or suddenly do you feel it's got a lot more valuable, even though you never stop knocking Apple products.

Do you ever post anything positive? You only ever seem to post when there is an opportunity to whine about something, be it NHS staff who apparently spend their overworked time standing around in corridors or tech manufacturers who make products you don't like but you still buy and use them.

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
Do you ever post anything positive?

Loads. Somebody wanted advise on gapless playback for his Cr-Apple product the other day so I helped him out with Foobar2000. You should remember as it was you. Luckily enough, not everyone is as ungrateful as you. I helped Gel out this week with a Guns 'n' Roses recording. I helped out BlackSabbath25 and others with the live stream of a Metallica concert just before Christmas. Somebody else had help setting up a Jongo. So many that I can't remember them all.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
MajorFubar said:
Do you ever post anything positive?

Loads. Somebody wanted advise on gapless playback for his Cr-Apple product the other day so I helped him out with Foobar2000. You should remember as it was you. Luckily enough, not everyone is as ungrateful as you. I helped Gel out this week with a Guns 'n' Roses recording. I helped out BlackSabbath25 and others with the live stream of a Metallica concert just before Christmas. Somebody else had help setting up a Jongo. So many that I can't remember them all.
that you did !

and the metallica concert was good *smile*

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
How about more of it then, instead of this incessant whining about Apple products on just about every thread you hijack. You're obsessed.

Yes for the record you did recommend Foobar, but when I mentioned that it seemed to be playing album tracks in alphabetic order instead of track number order, once again you blamed it on the fact I was using on a 'Cr-Apple' product. Was neither helpful nor relevant. I was going to ask you for further advice but I suspected I wasn't likely to get a useful answer, so I didn't.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
... but when I mentioned that it seemed to be playing album tracks in alphabetic order instead of track number order ... I was going to ask you for further advice but I suspected I wasn't likely to get a useful answer, so I didn't.
You can specify the grouping and sort order in Foobar using the correct title formatting string.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
tino said:
MajorFubar said:
... but when I mentioned that it seemed to be playing album tracks in alphabetic order instead of track number order ... I was going to ask you for further advice but I suspected I wasn't likely to get a useful answer, so I didn't.
You can specify the grouping and sort order in Foobar using the correct title formatting string.

Thanks Tino, tbh I didn't do an awful lot of digging, I'll have a look next time I use it, thanks again

TRENDING THREADS