1:1 pixel mapping (stating the obvious?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Why is it that manufacturers of some 1080p screens actually list a special mode known as "1:1 direct pixel mapping", which just means that each pixel from a 1080 line source is displayed onto the exact corresponding pixel on the screen. Surely this is what should normally happen, without the need for a special mode?! I mean, what on earth else would happen? Would the signal from the source get downscaled then upscaled again a few times before being displayed just for the sake of it?

Could Andy or one of the team (or anyone else who knows) explain the complexities of this issue to me coz it is well annoying me. Peace out.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I believe that manafactures who list this as a "MODE" are trying to use it as a extra marketing toy over lesses knoledgeible punters thus making their 1080p display look better on paper over say a rivals 1080p panel that does not offer this "mode". We must rember also that a 1080 panel displays a 1080p picture no matter what the resolution of the incoming signal.

If a panel has a resolution of 1920x1080 and you feed it a native signal of 1920x1080 then you are spot on as each incoming pixel will be displayed onto the panel in its correct place and there only.

If you would like to get a little bored with too much technical stuff about it have a look here http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Pixel+mapping+explained , there is also a helpfull explanation about over/under scan there.

Hope this was helpfull.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Nice one KRIME that does help. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts