£300 aluminium door-stop

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
This entire discussion illustrates my point incredibly well. Just talking about making a return has inspired a two screens of legal gobbledegook. No wonder making one is so bad.

American consumers are far less protected by law, and utterly inundated with legal gobbledegook, most of which works entirely in favour of large corporations, against which regular people have no chance.

And yet, somehow, you can return anything in America, and doing it in Britain is such a hassle that several layers of laws have been passed to try to protect consumers. American voters might have demanded greater protection in this realm if they were treated worse as consumers - but they've got it good here, so they've focused on other areas like trying billionaire Latin American stooge dictators for drug crimes, bombing Laotians, and abortion. Law follows culture, not the other way around. People forget that.

I am telling you, the OP if you are still with us, all of this legalese horse excrement may be useful if you have to battle it out with the retailer. You should go though the proper channels (i.e., the retailer) in the event this is the case. But at the same time, for the price of a phone call (or possibly even just an email) directly to HRT, letting them know the machine will be coming from the retailer, and asking for their understanding, you might be able to make it all unnecessary. You can try the New World and Old World paths in parallel, as it were. When the N.W. version works, it's just so much easier than [see above thread]. So try it California style, Dude.

P.S. At this point I would, actually, forget the call and make it an email. Ask nicely for help - but paste in a link to this thread as well. Like I said, follow the culture. ;)
wink.gif

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
What in the world needs to be edited about the word g.o.b.b.l.e.d.e.g.o.o.k.? Speaking of culture, does this word have some sort of new meaning that I am too old to know about?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
SpursGator said:
What in the world needs to be edited about the word g.o.b.b.l.e.d.e.g.o.o.k.? Speaking of culture, does this word have some sort of new meaning that I am too old to know about?

It was a misconfigured word filter. It's sorted now.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Dougal1331 said:
One would imagine that maybe the last four letters may have caused the problem...

I believe it what the Americans called the Vietnamese during the war.

Clue: the 'gobble' and the 'ok' survived the filter.

So the swear filter discriminates against the Vietnamese in favour of the Spanish?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Major Fubar,

Any response from Analoue Seduction?

Not able to say yet mate as I am not near my home computer to check for incoming mail. It was posted yesterday first class registered post and guaranteed delivery before 1PM today, so if he's not got it yet, he should have it within the next five minutes lol

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
SpursGator said:
This entire discussion illustrates my point incredibly well. Just talking about making a return has inspired a two screens of legal gobbledegook. No wonder making one is so bad.

Nah, someone mis-describing entitlements has inspired clarification, and a bit of friendly debate. Sorry it seems like gobbledegook, I couldn't really make it much simpler! The actual returns process itself isn't really that difficult.

1: Contact the retailer. No joy?...

2: Obtain proof to support your case. Still no joy?...

3: Chat to Consumer Advice/Trading Standards. Still no joy?...

4: Small Claims.

Not much else to it, really.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would contact the retailer, if no joy, write to them, put down dates, purchase, contact date and date fault occurr, they may fob you off then write to them again stating you will be taking them to the small claims court and see what happens. They will not want to go to court as it will cost them far more than the claim no doubt.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
I would contact the retailer, if no joy, write to them, put down dates, purchase, contact date and date fault occurr, they may fob you off then write to them again stating you will be taking them to the small claims court and see what happens. They will not want to go to court as it will cost them far more than the claim no doubt.

awww keep up fella he sent it of to the retailer yesterday

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
jjbomber said:
nopiano said:
jjbomber said:
Finally, american bombs from the Vietnam war are still going off 40 years late in Laos, and kill about 300 children a year. Don't trust anything American made!

So they are still working then? ;)

Yep. Being dropped from 20,000 feet doesn't cause enough impact to set off the detonator, but a kid standing on it does. Work that one out! Similarly, I wouldn't want to put ny hi-fi on and the sound only come out after 40 years (unless it was One Direction).

Actually many of those bombs were cluster bombs which are not meant to go off until someone steps on them, good tosee the yanks clearing them up.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
In most cases when you put pen to paper you always get a repair or full refund.. I always do & always get positive results.. Even in one case the item was 18months out of warranty & still got a full refund.. Have the courage to take it all the way... You most certainly get at least a free repair...

This may only apply to well know big companies.. I see it as this companies makes millons.. There you have it.

Also if you have a faulty proudct there are others out there who have the same problem as you.... If for example your case goes to court and you win.. the company will have to make repairs for all owners of the the faulty item or give them full refund.. So they will by all means always avoid court.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts