£200 on headphones

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I thought I would treat myself to a new set of cans for my birthday but can't decide which ones. I currently have AKG 701s that are great for electronic and folk style music but seem reticent when it comes to rock.

I have been looking at the Grados, 60s-225s, and the Sennheisers 600 or 650s. Are these headphones suited to rock music?

What I have read about the Grados suggests that in my price range there is not a great amount of difference between them, which is fine for me as I would sooner spend less than more. Is this correct?

Unfortunately I am unable to demo all on my shortlist so will probably buy from the net so your advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

jcoops16

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Alot of people recommend grados for rock, my RS2i's sound great when playing this style of music, I find them really entertaining. The sweet spot in the grado range is the 225i this what I suggest.

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

I found a second hand pair of 325is for the same price as 225is, so I will probably go for these. I was always leaning towards a set of Grados rather than the Senns.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS