Advice on "earbuds"

PetrV

Nov 16, 2022
Visit site
Dear all

I would ask you all for i guess, the usual advice. I bought a phone without 3,5mm jack. Long time ago when i was buying earphones, i had the opportunity to try them beore purchase. That opportunity is gone. My ast earphones i bought was based on advice on this page. I wanted to buy some nice sounding plugs with decent base and higher volume or around 60 usd. I got great advice to buy SoundMagic E10, which i was kinda of scared off as it was some not known chineese brand. But omg how happy i was i did it. I love the sound of those and it was exactly what i wanted.
As the time went, the usual cable phones was replaced by TWS. I avoided it pretty long. But destiny wanted me to buy some as i was transfered to hospital with heart problems two weeeks aago, and i wasnt alone in the room, so i decided to place an order for earbuds by price aprox 100usd. I wasnt expecting too much, but i was expecting the sound be at least on the E10 level. I went to check some reviews here on whathifi, and some other pages, and decided to buy EarFun Air Pro TW302B. Few hours later my father deliver those to the hospital and i was pumped to have finaly this wireless experience.... what a disaster....
The pairing went very smooth, i was happy about that. I charged them, and tryed to test. The base was deep, it was so deep it was annoying, the mids were non same as most heights. Im listening to most of genres from rock, metal, electronic music, hip hop etc. And i went to listen some John Grant and Metallica albums, it was painfull , i couldnt stand it how terrible the sound was. The volume was lacking like two more steps. I wanted to download some app to turn down the bass and up the heighs little bit, but to my surprise, the official EarFun app doesnt support those earphones. I did tryed some more albums and i was quickly very sure i did mistake and will return those to the store. I was very dissapointed by the app lacking and lag in game play which was huge, the sound quality, case build quality. So as i got free from hospital, i immediately returned those earphones.

Now im doing what i had to do on dirst place - asking for advice.
Please, if there is anyone, who had experience with SoundMagic E10 and now have some earbuds with similar sound and volume level, please could you advice me? Some app support would be cool to adjust the equaliser if needed. Noise cancelling i dont really mind same as most of those fancy features, i just want good sound with kick bass, nice trebbles and mids.
I did try to look to some reviews, but it seems that sound quality is now not important to people, as most of the stuff in reviews are just gimmics and functions. Its even hard to find some db/mW specifications on earphones these days :-/

Just to compare what specifications the E10 had:
100db/mW
15-22000 Hz
10mm drivers

edit: price up to 200usd

thank you all in advance. Peter

Last edited:

Fergus

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
Dear all

I would ask you all for i guess, the usual advice. I bought a phone without 3,5mm jack. Long time ago when i was buying earphones, i had the opportunity to try them beore purchase. That opportunity is gone. My ast earphones i bought was based on advice on this page. I wanted to buy some nice sounding plugs with decent base and higher volume or around 60 usd. I got great advice to buy SoundMagic E10, which i was kinda of scared off as it was some not known chineese brand. But omg how happy i was i did it. I love the sound of those and it was exactly what i wanted.
As the time went, the usual cable phones was replaced by TWS. I avoided it pretty long. But destiny wanted me to buy some as i was transfered to hospital with heart problems two weeeks aago, and i wasnt alone in the room, so i decided to place an order for earbuds by price aprox 100usd. I wasnt expecting too much, but i was expecting the sound be at least on the E10 level. I went to check some reviews here on whathifi, and some other pages, and decided to buy EarFun Air Pro TW302B. Few hours later my father deliver those to the hospital and i was pumped to have finaly this wireless experience.... what a disaster....
The pairing went very smooth, i was happy about that. I charged them, and tryed to test. The base was deep, it was so deep it was annoying, the mids were non same as most heights. Im listening to most of genres from rock, metal, electronic music, hip hop etc. And i went to listen some John Grant and Metallica albums, it was painfull , i couldnt stand it how terrible the sound was. The volume was lacking like two more steps. I wanted to download some app to turn down the bass and up the heighs little bit, but to my surprise, the official EarFun app doesnt support those earphones. I did tryed some more albums and i was quickly very sure i did mistake and will return those to the store. I was very dissapointed by the app lacking and lag in game play which was huge, the sound quality, case build quality. So as i got free from hospital, i immediately returned those earphones.

Please, if there is anyone, who had experience with SoundMagic E10 and now have some earbuds with similar sound and volume level, please could you advice me? Some app support would be cool to adjust the equaliser if needed. Noise cancelling i dont really mind same as most of those fancy features, i just want good sound with kick bass, nice trebbles and mids.
I did try to look to some reviews, but it seems that sound quality is now not important to people, as most of the stuff in reviews are just gimmics and functions. Its even hard to find some db/mW specifications on earphones these days :-/

100db/mW
15-22000 Hz
10mm drivers

I’m surprised about your experience with the earfun buds. With my iPhone they work perfectly in fact I had to buy an eq app to boost the bass and I’m not a bass-heavy listener. They go loud enough for me. Bear in mind they only sound good in anc mode

Dear all

100db/mW
15-22000 Hz
10mm drivers

My advice on ear buds! Don't bother! Buy yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD450BT, listen to them on BT, then plug them in a decent amplifier with 40V rails and you will never listen to bluetooth again! BT is not hifi, no matter the codec used. APTX is good for reducing delay, and a decent headphone will allow you to use it, but then is your source encoding with aptx? Or AAC? and is that a good source? If not you are wasting your time, the emperor is naked, just admit it!

My advice on ear buds! Don't bother! Buy yourself a pair of Sennheiser HD450BT, listen to them on BT, then plug them in a decent amplifier with 40V rails and you will never listen to bluetooth again! BT is not hifi, no matter the codec used. APTX is good for reducing delay, and a decent headphone will allow you to use it, but then is your source encoding with aptx? Or AAC? and is that a good source? If not you are wasting your time, the emperor is naked, just admit it!
Please check date of threads before responding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts