Your Song/Track of the Day

Page 88 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

'Let Me Fly', the new album from Mike + The Mechanics. OK, it's nothing groundbreaking, but then they never were, and it fits the earlier M+TM blueprint of nicely put-together, tuneful pop/rock with pleasant vocals. They'll never be quite as good as they were with Paul Carrack and the late Paul Young (the line-up I saw live), but this is nice and I think their best since 'M6', or maybe even 'Beggar On A Beach Of Gold'.

Pedro2

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
She's got to be somewhere - David Crosby

From Crosby's latest album.

Sounds very Steely Dan-like and that's not easily achieved! Not heard the rest yet but this track's a good 'un from the legendary CSNY member. Check it out if you like such classic sounds.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
A Love You Can't Survive - Richard Thompson.

I've seen RT live countless times over the years and he's never anything less than brilliant either solo or with a band. However, he performed this particular song solo on acoustic guitar at the Lowry Theatre a few years ago and it was one of the most memorable live experiences of my life, utterly mesmerising, dynamic, and beautiful in equal measure. One really has to see RT in a live setting to really get what RT is all about.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
DIB said:
A Love You Can't Survive - Richard Thompson.

I've seen RT live countless times over the years and he's never anything less than brilliant either solo or with a band. However, he performed this particular song solo on acoustic guitar at the Lowry Theatre a few years ago and it was one of the most memorable live experiences of my life, utterly mesmerising, dynamic, and beautiful in equal measure. One really has to see RT in a live setting to really get what RT is all about.

Never had the pleasure of seeing him live, but it was about 3 years ago that a friend of mine played me "Beeswing" and I was captivated.

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Kettel - Shinusob.

There is a percussive beat in this song that sounds like it is inside your head and coming out of you ears while the rest of it is presented in the normal manner.

Very unusual stuff .

https://open.spotify.com/track/5OVwyXLYWTotdMjFPyJKug

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
David Philips - Angel , featuring Paul Bosauder on flamenco guitar.

Just two blokes in a room playing music. Wonderful !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpln6o29mq8

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts