Your Song/Track of the Day

Page 202 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Billy Joel - Piano Man (1973 Full Uncut Original​

I’m glad I lived through that era, but it definitely looks pretty awful with those haircuts, clothes and lecherous antics seen through today’s eyes. And if that was a good crowd I’m pleased for BJ it wasn’t quiet!

A great reminder of his talent though, and I’m puzzled when harmonica playing fell out of fashion. Mick Jagger, Stevie Wonder, but who else played it?

Reactions: Joseph40 and Gray

Joseph40

Nov 1, 2023
Visit site
I’m glad I lived through that era, but it definitely looks pretty awful with those haircuts, clothes and lecherous antics seen through today’s eyes. And if that was a good crowd I’m pleased for BJ it wasn’t quiet!

A great reminder of his talent though, and I’m puzzled when harmonica playing fell out of fashion. Mick Jagger, Stevie Wonder, but who else played it?

Neil Young played harmonica. Bruce Springsteen another example. I was just reading that Billy Joel will conclude his monthly residency at Madison Square Garden in July 2024. His former business manager supposedly took him for millions leaving him nearly broke at one point which is one of the reasons he's still out there on the road performing as much as he does.

Neil Young played harmonica. Bruce Springsteen another example. I was just reading that Billy Joel will conclude his monthly residency at Madison Square Garden in July 2024. His former business manager supposedly took him for millions leaving him nearly broke at one point which is one of the reasons he's still out there on the road performing as much as he does.
I can imagine. Many folk in music don’t think about a pension when they’re playing to huge stadiums, but you’d have thought his royalties would keep him comfortable.

TRENDING THREADS