Your most recent gig

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Last Night (8-Dec-10)

War of the worlds stage show.

Brilliant!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
D.o.C, The Purple Turtle, Camden, London, 11/12/10

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

ACDC Download 2010. I was meant to see Paul Weller on 2nd Dec @ Sheffield Arena, but due to heavy snow no one went. Promoter wouldn't cancel, Arena wouldn't cancel, so screwed by both. Sent off some steaming E-mails and was offered free entry to next available gig on tour. Aberdeen 10th December. If I couldn't make Sheffield, what made then think I'd be able to make that!?

It's snow joke!

Mr Gaz

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Spear Of Destiny at Rockcity Nottingham Saturday night.

Kirk Brandon superb as ever, good to hear the old tracks from World Service and One Eyed Jacks .

AARGHH LIBERATOR !!!

A

Anonymous

Simply Red tonight (16th Dec), Sheffield.

Simply brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

THE BEES Oxford 15th December.

Excellent. Always wanted to see them. Now I have.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Had to resurrect this thread, as went to a great gig last night!

Dr John playing at "Under the Bridge" - the venue under Stamford Bridge football ground.

Capacity no more than 500, so really intimate, and a great sound system - even Molton Brown soap in the loo :)

Dr John was superb - played a mix of new album stuff from Locked Down (excellent on vinyl, and free CD btw) and older works of swampy art.

Evening topped off by having Harry Shearer the bass player from Spinal Tap sitting next to us, plus we think Mick Hucknall (the flame-haired wonder from Simply Red) though we didn't talk to him :)

(Beer £4.50 a pint for Singha - not bad for a London venue too. First time I've ever said thankyou mr abramovic).

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've got: a)Anathema/ Opeth. b)Tesseract/ Animals As Leaders. & c)Fear Factory/ Textures. all coming up in the next few months. But I think you should all get yourselves down to The Underworld in Camden on Saturday 27th October..... I've heard there's an awesome metal band playing and by all accounts the drummer's a hunky stud-muffin.:rofl:

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
The Mighty Fall in Newcastle in December. Mr Smith kept us waiting for well over an hour and then deemed to give us a paltry 45 mins of his time but have to admit what he did give us was superb.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Jesca Hoop at the Borderline last night. Great voice and songs. :rockout:

First time I've been to the venue - you have to walk past the stage to come in, or (disconcertingly for the band/artist) go out.

Very polite/respectful audience last night - First time I've had to whisper at the bar to avoid putting off the support act (George Ezra).

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Tonight , (sorry checks time) last night at Glasgow royal concert hall, the "space cowboy" The Steve Miller Band , excellect gig sound quality suberb

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Confession time, off to see the Scissor Sisters tomorow evening at the Roundhouse, London, I'm normally more of a rocker, Rammstein, etc, but there is something about the SS's I just love, great live band, loads of energy, infectious tunes.

Well there goes any gred I may have had :oops:

Don't suppose anyone else is going?

D

Deleted member 2457

Last gig I went to was Pulp in 96 (I think) at the NEC.
smiley-smile.gif

idc

Last night was an excellent night of post rock headlined by Maybeshewill at the very nice O2 Academy, Sauchiehall St, Glasgow.

Next up is God Is An Astronaut at Oran Mor.

scene

Guns 2 Roses GnR tribute band last Saturday at the Horn in st. Albans. Mrs scene and I really enjoyed it, they're pretty good (seen them once before). Not so sure about their guest drummer, a bit strange....

D

Deleted member 2457

scene said:
Guns 2 Roses GnR tribute band last Saturday at the Horn in st. Albans. Mrs scene and I really enjoyed it, they're pretty good (seen them once before). Not so sure about their guest drummer, a bit strange....

Sounds good. 8)

A

Anonymous

Echo and the Bunnymen - Pocklington train station two weeks ago. Brilliant. It was part of an excellent event called Pocktoberfest. 14 bands or performers and a beer festival too, heaven!

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
idc said:
Last night was an excellent night of post rock headlined by Maybeshewill at the very nice O2 Academy, Sauchiehall St, Glasgow.

Next up is God Is An Astronaut at Oran Mor.

Lucky you, I caught up with some of their stuff recently, that should be a cracking gig.

Next up for me Stars of the Lid at St.John's of Hackney, quite a nice looking space inside this church, acoustics should be cool esp with a 16 piece orchestra. (10th Dec)

Have fun

Theo12

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
The Killers at Cardiff NIA last week, fantastic, just did not stop playing.

Had they kept playing, I would still be stood there.
rockout.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts