Your best car ever?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
I've never driven an electric car, and am intrigued by them. If I ever get rid of my current car (which I can't imagine ever wanting to do*), it's likely it'll be electric - and Tesla is a long way ahead of most of the field. (*Manual, naturally-aspirated engine revving to 8.5k, no ePAS etc).

Current car is a B7 Audi RS4 (hence the engine as avatar)- bought it 13 years ago, and it's almost as much a part of the family as the dog. Non-standard now in that it has a little more power (and a useful chunk of extra torque). So that's 434PS and a clean licence. (Sorry JJ!)
I can't imagine electric cars are quieter at speed. If at motorway cruising speed I dip the clutch the noise is mainly tyre roar and when I raise the clutch and bring engine revs back up again there is no discernible noise increase in the cabin

I can't imagine electric cars are quieter at speed. If at motorway cruising speed I dip the clutch the noise is mainly tyre roar and when I raise the clutch and bring engine revs back up again there is no discernible noise increase in the cabin
Yes, at motorway speeds, electric cars will only be slightly quieter than some of the ICE cars. Tesla tyres though have acoustic foam within them which helps with road noise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts