Yamaha T-S1000

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
image.jpeg

I've been looking for a Yamaha S-T1000 dab tunner but can not find one for sale in the uk I think it's been discontinued I am not sure on this does anyone know where in the uk I could get one new or secondhand in black please I've looked on the bay but no luck only the Yamaha S-T500 keeps coming up but the T1000 matches my units I have now size wise as well as the wood sides and I think the T500 will be a smaller unit so it will look odd so looking to match really

itsme

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I've been looking for a Yamaha S-T1000 dab tunner but can not find one for sale in the uk I think it's been discontinued I am not sure on this does anyone know where in the uk I could get one new or secondhand in black please I've looked on the bay but no luck only the Yamaha S-T500 keeps coming up but the T1000 matches my units I have now size wise as well as the wood sides and I think the T500 will be a smaller unit so it will look odd so looking to match really

Hi Blacksabbath,

did you tried to find a dealer in your region via the uk yamaha site?

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/dealers/

Impressive setup you have !!!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:

You'll get a lot further if you use it's correct name of Yamaha T-S1000 and also note that it's only FM/AM (no DAB).

If you need DAB, then the Yamaha T-D500 is the one for you (hence the 'D' I suppose).

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Why DAB at all? Higher bit rates for most stations available from Freeview or Sky, and far superior 320kbps AAC from internet radio. Thanks to the idiot Labour government, we were denied DAB+ available in other countries. many DAB stations are 64kbps MP2 and the majority 128kbps. Not even close to HiFi.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
chebby said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

You'll get a lot further if you use it's correct name of Yamaha T-S1000 and also note that it's only FM/AM (no DAB).

If you need DAB, then the Yamaha T-D500 is the one for you (hence the 'D' I suppose).
ok I did not notice that it was an FM /AM only radio tunner which is a bummer as the case work matches my amp / cdplayer they do a streamer as well is it possible to stream radio from a streamer ?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
itsme said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Hi Blacksabbath,

did you tried to find a dealer in your region via the uk yamaha site?

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/dealers/

Impressive setup you have !!!
yes it is a nice setup and I am very happy with it too great build , sounds amazing , and looks good too I recommend this to anyone it's a serious bit of kit for the money and well worth it too

TomSawyer

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
The last one was the NP-S2000 according to the website. It does internet radio but is shown as discontinued.

I can't think of a network streamer that doesn't but there may be some.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Just use your smart phone (or tablet) with a radio tuner app like 'Tunein Radio Pro' and/or BBC iPlayer Radio app. All you'll need is a small Bluetooth aPTX (or AirPlay) device to plug into a spare line-level input on the back. (Yamaha make one.)

Maybe one of those Google Chromecast Audio gizmos (often sold for £15 but currently £30). BBC iPlayer Radio is now compatible with them. I assume other Radio Apps will work too. (I am an Apple guy so you'll need to ask Google/Android people if you swing that way.)

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Agree with Chebby. Just attach an phone/ipad to your yamaha CD2100's USB input and you then can stream via it's excellent DAC for free. Try Radio Paradise App and select 320kbps and you will be amazed by the SQ. BBC also available at 320kbps and way better than DAB. Works a treat on my iPad/marantz SA8005, although I use the SBT as ethernet wired via Cat5. If you like what you hear, then can add a streamer such as Auralic mini or a Bluesound node and feed your Yamaha via SPDIF. SBTs have sadly been out of production for several years. Why buy a streamer with a DAC when you have an excellent one already?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
chebby said:
Just use your smart phone (or tablet) with a radio tuner app like 'Tunein Radio Pro' and/or BBC iPlayer Radio app. All you'll need is a small Bluetooth aPTX (or AirPlay) device to plug into a spare line-level input on the back. (Yamaha make one.)

Maybe one of those Google Chromecast Audio gizmos (often sold for £15 but currently £30). BBC iPlayer Radio is now compatible with them. I assume other Radio Apps will work too. (I am an Apple guy so you'll need to ask Google/Android people if you swing that way.)
yes i am an apple guy too as i got an imac , ipad , iphone , apple tv . no i did not think about a radio app that sounds good to me but i also want to play albums that i have on my itunes i normally just plug a USB in and use my phone do i have to buy a dac as my yamaha cd player has no USB on the back or front like i had with the marantz cd player

iMark

yes i am an apple guy too as i got an imac , ipad , iphone , apple tv . no i did not think about a radio app that sounds good to me but i also want to play albums that i have on my itunes i normally just plug a USB in and use my phone do i have to buy a dac as my yamaha cd player has no USB on the back or front like i had with the marantz cd player

[/quote]

I would recommend getting an Airport Express and connect it to the glorious CD-player with a Toslink cable. That way you can stream any sound from you iPad, iPhone or Mac to your stereo using Airplay. We use it for iTunes, the Tune-in Radio app on the iPad, Spotify etc.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
iMark said:

I would recommend getting an Airport Express and connect it to the glorious CD-player with a Toslink cable. That way you can stream any sound from you iPad, iPhone or Mac to your stereo using Airplay. We use it for iTunes, the Tune-in Radio app on the iPad, Spotify etc.

[/quote] that sounds great i did not want to go out and buy a dac just to hook up my phone as i am very happy with the dac inside the yamaha and just looked how much they are £80 and it ticks all of the boxes of what i wanted to do and saved a load of money ...thank you

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
So this wouldn't interest you then, BS?
I have been looking at them too but not sure if the box size is the same as the S2100 because both the amp / cdplayer are bigger boxes then normal they are not a standard size they are monster boxes but thanks anyway . I would be a fool not to try the airport express for £80 as I can stream my iTunes collection from my phone or iPad or desktop and get internet radio too it's a good solution which I had not thought of

Blacksabbath25 said:
plastic penguin said:
So this wouldn't interest you then, BS?
I have been looking at them too but not sure if the box size is the same as the S2100 because both the amp / cdplayer are bigger boxes then normal they are not a standard size they are monster boxes but thanks anyway . I would be a fool not to try the airport express for £80 as I can stream my iTunes collection from my phone or iPad or desktop and get internet radio too it's a good solution which I had not thought of

Look at this. Or visit your local Richer Sounds (£269) and have a good measure up.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
You got the Yammies ! I'm so tempted to upgrade from my AS 2000 pairing.

I bet they sound great .*music2*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
alchemist 1 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
You got the Yammies ! I'm so tempted to upgrade from my AS 2000 pairing.

I bet they sound great .*music2*
yes both the amp and the cdplayer both outstanding I am really happy that I got them the sound is amazing the best music separation I ever heard big sound stage very good control over bass and music is very detailed and instruments sound like instruments and the S2100 works very well with my Dali opticons speakers the build is top quality on both units and looks top quality too The price is coming down a bit on the Yamaha S2100 and cdplayer if you can get a demo on both of this you will not be disappointed in what they sounds like I would definitely recommend them the Yamaha stuff is so underrated

iMark

Blacksabbath25 said:
that sounds great i did not want to go out and buy a dac just to hook up my phone as i am very happy with the dac inside the yamaha and just looked how much they are £80 and it ticks all of the boxes of what i wanted to do and saved a load of money ...thank you

You're welcome. We have an Airport Express connected to a Cambridge Audio DACMagic (which is connected to a Yamaha R-S500 stereo receiver). With a CD player like yours I wouldn't even consider buying a seperate DAC. But we've had this setup for over 6 years (we did replace the receiver) now and it sounds more than good enough to us.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
iMark said:

[/quote] hi I got the airport express today but I am have issues with it the sound it keeps dropping out all of the time which is not good I brought an optical cable and an Internet cable I put the optical in the back of my CD player in the in section and the Internet cable into my router like the instructions says and updated the firmware of the airport express and followed my Mac institutions but I just get the sound dropping all of the time I reset my router as well so I am not sure where I have gone wrong. . Did you have any issues with your when you first got yours With sound dropping out ?

iMark

Blacksabbath25 said:
hi I got the airport express today but I am have issues with it the sound it keeps dropping out all of the time which is not good I brought an optical cable and an Internet cable I put the optical in the back of my CD player in the in section and the Internet cable into my router like the instructions says and updated the firmware of the airport express and followed my Mac institutions but I just get the sound dropping all of the time I reset my router as well so I am not sure where I have gone wrong. . Did you have any issues with your when you first got yours With sound dropping out ?

I've had an Airport Express for over 6 years and it moved with us from our previous home to our current one. In the meantime we've changed internet providers and the Airport Express is linked to a different brand router. I have set up the Airport Express to be in 'client mode', basically it joins our WiFi network. I have never tried the wired option with an ethernet cable. I can't give you any advice on that.

the only thing I can think of that you may have a faulty ethernet cable. Have you tried to use the Airport Express in the wireless mode? Although that shouldn't be a problem if you were able to update the firmware.

I have had very occasional dropouts in the past, but over the last couple of years this has proved to be very stable. I did however change the network channel on our WiFi network, just to prevent any interference from neighbouring networks.

Could the Toslink cable be faulty? You could try to connect the Airport Express with an analogue cable directly to your amplifier. If that works without dropouts, it's the Toslink cable.

I hope you will find the problem and be able to fix it.

lukam30

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi.Why not to add this little Yamaha WXC-50 streamer to your system.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/wireless_streaming_amplifiers/wxc-50/?mode=model

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS