Yamaha speakers + amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm new in the HI-FI world and would appreciate your help very much. I'm intending to buy Yamaha N-S777 speakers (after listening to them) and still deciding which amplifier to buy along. I'm considering among these:

- Yamaha A-S500
- Marantz PM-7004

Now, which one to choose? I know that I shoud listen to both and then decide, but I don't have that option. I'm listening rock music mostly and basses are very important to me. Is it true, that Marantz doesn't have those deep low basses? Would my untrained ear notice the difference between those two amps as it comes to basses?

Thank you very much for your help..

Best regards

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
NS-777 series have very thin and fizzy treble.(I have ns-333) ns-f150 are better sounding speakers for rock pop etc and cheaper also than ns-777

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
but the ns-777 go well with the yamaha amps because the amp boosts a bit the mids compensating the thin treble.just dont expect bass to be that great with yamaha amp

A

Anonymous

...well, I decided for 777 after hearing them with different tipes of music and it sounded very well to me. So you think, that I should buy Marantz along? Would it provide better basses?

A

Anonymous

I've decided to go with Yamaha A-S500 and Marantz CD6400. They suppose to go very well together. And now I'd like to know which connection cables to use bettwen those two. I don't wan't to connect them with some cheap stuff. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

regards

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I pay no attention to interconnects.any will do.I care a bit more about speaker cable but only between bare copper or silver plated copper.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts