Yamaha RXV3900 problem with Sky HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have just had my RXV3900 delivered and I am trying to make sense of the manual. Could anybody who owns one of these and uses it with sky HD please tell me how to set it up so I can send the picture only over HDMI and the sound via optical to take advantage of DD5.1, also is it worth letting the amp upscale the picture to 1080P? Thanks in advance.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I presume you didnt benefit for the free basic installaiton offered by your dealer on this product. I would give them a call and they can tell you how to sort it in seconds.

A

Anonymous

I bought it second hand so no dealer support. Thats why I am asking on here. Please help

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Have you set the Sky box to output Dolby Digital in the Setup menu?

Then take your optical lead from the Sky box and plug it into one of your optical in sockets. Plug the HDMI cable from the Sky either straight into the TV or into the amp (take another HDMI from the amp to the TV if you do this).

Somewhere in the manual it will then tell you how to assign the Optical socket (and/or the HDMI socket) that you have used to the Sky/Satellite button on the front of the receiver. You need to assign the Optical as the priority for the sound otherwise you'll only get 2.0 sound.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for the reply I will try and work it out.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Fair enough, didnt expect to see them on the secondhand market so soon. AS voodoo doctor suggests you need to assign the optical input to the HDMI input you are using. the on screen menu is pretty straightforward once you realise how to navigate it.

If you are in any doubt give my guys a call on Monday and they can talk you through it.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much Nick I really appreciate that, hopefully I can work it out before Monday.

A

Anonymous

There's another setting you need to make. I can't remember where in the menu it is, but basically, it is something like "use last setting". If you don't do this, the amp will revert back to hdmi for sound when you select the sky input, because the hdmi is the default and takes precidence over the optical/co-ax input.

A

Anonymous

I don't have Sky HD, so I can't really help, but the setting walnut is talking about is in the menu > Setup > Option > Initial Set > Audio Select - and you can choose "Auto" or "Last"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts