Yamaha rxv1065 What Hi Fi Please Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I just been let down by exceptional-av who where supposed to be shipping me a yamaha 863, but have phoned to say that my one has been damaged in transit and can't source anymore.

They have offered me the Yamaha RX-V1065 at the same price as the 863 as a way of a apologie.

Problem is I know very little about the new Rx-V1065 and cant find any reviews, any idea when What Hi-fi will be reviewing it?

The Yamaha will be connected to Sky HD, PS3, Wii & a blu ray player sometime in the future.

The speakers I have are the Mordaunt Short Alumni, will the RX-V1065 be a good match for them

Please help as I need to let them know asap if I want the 1065.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure what to do.....

Can you suggest any other receivers to look at?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We have a bit of a knowledge gap in the £500-£1000 arena at the moment, simply because we have a whole stack of new models on the way in for a group test in the November issue.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And if the November issue seems a long way away, it's not - the mag will be with subscribers from 11th September and in shops by 16th September. We'll also see if we can get any reviews online before that....but - as Andrew says - at the moment products are still on their way here....

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Presuming you paid £599 or less for the 863 I would take the 1065. Our first impressions are that it is just as capable as the outgoing 863 and with the advatange of a really good GUI.

A

Anonymous

IIt should be better no??If the only adventage is the GUI it's not enough??

Why don't you ask them for a Yam 1900??Maybe you should pay a little extra but it's a very good amp I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts