Yamaha RX-V1900 vs Onkyo SR-876 Dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Here’s my dilemma…

I order a Yamaha RX-V1900 Amp before Christmas at £710, but the lead time is still approx 4-6 weeks. I’ve been offered an Onkyo SR-876 for £680 instead.

I will be using it for a balance of music and movies, with slightly more music if anything.

The source will be a Panasonic DMP-DP55, speakers are Tannoy Revolution Signatures 5.1 using a TS12 sub.

Which choice should I go for? Wait for the Yamaha (my first choice) or take the Onkyo right now…Or would you look at an alternative to both of these. My budget range for the amp is £600-£900

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, I had a similar dilemma. Was waiting on a DSP AX863 from Exceptional AV. They offered me a refurbished Onkyo 875 which I now have and I'm very happy with it. Arrived 'as new' just like they advertised. No regrets about not waiting for the Yamaha at all, the Onkyo is an awesome amp - even with my modest Tannoy EFX 5.1's connected to it. At £500 it was a bargain. Can only image it's capability with something more substatial. I reckon £680 is a good deal for the 876 too.

I can't really advise you on what to do though, I guess you have to decide if you can live with not knowing what you'd be missing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts