yamaha RX-V1900 or denon AVR2310

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
still can't decide where to spend my money and not had a great deal of response on a previous post asking advice (probably because im a newbie!) sevenoaks trying to set up an audition for sat but wondered what your thoughts are. thanks, shane.

A

Anonymous

can you tell more about youe system which speakers do u have ?

A

Anonymous

i run a 7.1 system using pioneer s-sp-410k floor standers, centre and sub. and at the rear i have mordant short alumini. not many people are familiar with the pioneers but came highly recommended by richer sounds and ive had them since xmas so not really looking to upgrade them just yet.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You're doing the best thing having an audition of both receivers - don't forget to take some of your favourite discs with you.

We haven't tested the Denon AVR-2310 yet but plan to review it before our Awards - will be interesting to see how it fares against the Yamaha plus other new receivers at this price.

A

Anonymous

i have a feeling that u would be better off with the yamaha , but again like clare have said try to audition both receiever prefferably on a pioneer speakers that,s similer to yours.

gooodluck

A

Anonymous

Without a doubt do an audition to see which you prefer.

The Denon 2310 was my choice.

A

Anonymous

I I would like to know the answer to this question to.It's all very confusing.The yamaha 863 sounds better than a denon 2809,and the 1900 is a class higher than te 863.Than the 2310 must beat the 2809 just to be as good as the 863?That is wat I make out of it when I read all the revieuws.Or am I getting it all wrong?Remember there's also a rx-v 1065 coming!

When will those more expensive receivers get tested or appear on site?

PS Sorry fo the bad English but I'm from Belgium!

A

Anonymous

Pistol Pete1:

Willie,

Did you audition the yamaha too, but prefer the Denon, then?

I sure did Pete.

I prefer the sound of the Denon on my MA RS6's.

The Yamaha is definately mid to high end and has a very precise spacial environment effect on channels, but it has the same video processing as the Denon, Anchor Bay and a lot of other features that i was curious about but also wary of.

I've had the 2307 previously and have definately grown to enjoy the sound it produces.

On the Yamaha the menus aren't nice IMO and the remote is awful.

There is no doubt the Yamaha is a performer, but it didn't make me feel like i wanted to spend that much on it.

lazarus:Maybe waiting for the 1065 is an option?

The replacement for the Yamaha RX-V1900 is the RX-V2065. The RX-V1900 is a pre-eminent product, a part of the premium Yamaha receivers. The 1065 is a class below the RX-V1900. So if you can afford an RX-V1900, it will be better, or wait for the RX-V2065.

Audition them & see what suits you best.

A

Anonymous

That's good!I'm dying to find out if the 1065 is better than the 863 and the denon 2310.I don't think he will be better than the 1900 I think.

lazarus:That's good!I'm dying to find out if the 1065 is better than the 863 and the denon 2310.I don't think he will be better than the 1900 I think.

Hi lazarus

The RX-V1065 is better than the DSP-AX863SE and the 1065's is not too far off the RX-V1900.
emotion-1.gif

I don't know how it compares to the 2310 as i have done the comparison yet.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Obviously it's down to opinion, but the two shops I have been in, and spoken to, have both said that the Yamaha RX-V1065 was NOT as good as the following receivers:

Denon AVR1910

Denon AVR2310

Yamaha DSP-AX863SE

It's very interesting that your opinion differs so much (which is not a problem at all)...

A

Anonymous

Do they already have a 1065?

What hifi reviewed the 863 even better than the 2809.....

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, lazarus,

Both my local shops have had them on the shelf for a while now.......

In my humble opinion, the Yamaha 863SE was 'UK tuned', whereas the 1065 isn't. The Denon XX09 (2809) series were not 'UK tuned' either........

Generally speaking, and in my opinion, the 'UK tuned' conponents tend to be better than the 'one type fits all' approach with the rest of the world....

Only problem you have the 'UK Tuned' equipment, is a potential shortage if demand is high (eg Yamaha 863SE last year)

This is just my opinion speaking here...........

A

Anonymous

Hmm,makes sense!-)

When the 1065 isn't as good as the 863 there's still the 1900!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts