Yamaha DSP-AX863SE v Sony STR-DA2400ES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm about to invest in an upgrade from my Denon AVR1906 to get HD audio. Realise I can use analogue cables from my BDP S550 but decided against this on account of having too much clutter already. Anyway, have been thinking of the Sony for £389 as it has had a lot of positive reviews but could just about stretch to the Yamaha at £499. Question is will I notice a great difference in sound quality over the Sony and also is the Sony going to be noticably better than my AVR1906. Use amp mostly for films but also music sometimes. Any advice would be appreciated as its proving a tough choice.

A

Anonymous

Like you i have the Denon 1906,im also looking to upgrade.I havent heard the Sony but I had my freinds Yam 863 for two nights and it bettered the Denon in all fields particularly music,dolby 5.1 and HD audio were better too.

A

Anonymous

Yeah the Yamaha seems to be pretty awesome, guess I might regret buying the Sony and wondering what I'm missing out on. Would be good to hear both though, just out of curiosity.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
skyeken:Yeah the Yamaha seems to be pretty awesome, guess I might regret buying the Sony and wondering what I'm missing out on. Would be good to hear both though, just out of curiosity.

I have the Sony 3400es with your BD player and it sounds superb. I've been told that the 2400 is very similar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts