Yamaha DSP- A 1000 too old to repair ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Yamaha Digital Sound Processing Amplifier (DSP-A 1000) is a venerable 20 years old and connected to a 7 speaker system plus subwoofer. The input selector crackles and cuts out.

Are spares available ? Is it worth repairing ? Shall I replace the Yamaha with what ?

Mike Rickshaw

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
You have certainly had your money's worth.

If it just the input selector and the spare is available then go for it. But in this day and age manufacturers "no longer support" older models, so I think you may struggle.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well Mike i would certainly replace your amp as it's gonna be very difficult to repair, not impossible but not worth it and expensive. Depending on your speakers then if you like Yamaha go for another. Good deals around on the Yamaha RX-V2065 at £519 or wait for the newer models.Alternative the Denon 2310 at £500.Have you got 20 yr speakers as well, let us know a bit more and we can help you choose a new amp.

Mike Rickshaw:
My Yamaha Digital Sound Processing Amplifier (DSP-A 1000) is a venerable 20 years old and connected to a 7 speaker system plus subwoofer. The input selector crackles and cuts out.

Are spares available ? Is it worth repairing ? Shall I replace the Yamaha with what ?

Mike Rickshaw

Hi Mike Rickshaw

Please give Steve Wells at Yamaha UK AV technical a call on 01908 366700 and he'll be able to advise you more accordingly.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS