Yamaha Aventage RX-A810 or ONKYO TX NR709

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I really need some advice. On which one to go for. I will be only using it for movies and 3d movies only. I will be using it with my

B&W 602 S3

B&W LCR60 S3

B&W 600 S3

I coundnt buy the RXV 1067 from richer sounds due to some one else reserving it. And few days ago my old reciver died. So am in a hurry to buy one this coming week. Any advice will be great. So far these two reciver are selling for £549.95 in richer sounds. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Will be going for the yamaha rx-a810 since MUSICRAFT said on my last thread this one to go for. Plus so many horror stories on amazon.com for the onkyo tx nr790 will be using the receiver for about 5 years before i upgarde next time or more. Hopefully yamaha last that long. Anyway why is there no reviews of the yamaha rx-v810 on what hifi. I allways use this site to see what product get's five star before i buy. One more thing how does the yamaha rx-v810 compare to yamaha rx-v1067 anyone know. Is the yamaha rx-v1067 better then the yamaha rx-a810 ?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have had both these receivers at home for a month or so. Started with Yamaha RX-A810 and then Onkyo TX-NR709 (I also had Onkyo TX-NR 3009 for a while).

Yamaha is very easy sounding receiver. It is more seamless with speakers

Onkyo on the other hand makes speakers come alive. Also features wise Onkyo wins easily. I preferred the Onkyo between these two.

Ofcourse, I went with Marantz SR6006 as I liked the SQ of Marantz better and Airplay as well as physical appearance!

A

Anonymous

Thanks WishTree for your reply. People say that yamaha tone suits the b&w 600 series nicely. So going with the yamaha would be the right chioce right? i really dont know much about these stuff like all of you guy's hear. So i really need some advice for what to go for max i can spend is £600

A

Anonymous

I have found a Marantz SR6006 for £529.90 i really dont know what to get need some advice form anyone who has or had the b&w 600 series 3 speakers

Hi MrKay00

Fwiw, I am still selling Yamaha AV amplification (and mostly their Aventage models) to clients who I had sold B&W's 600 S3 speakers to. B&W speakers work a treat with Yamaha AV amplification :rockout: This pairing is a safe bet :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply MUSICRAFT i think i will go ahead with the yamaha rx-a810 or do you think i should get the new models that are coming out. Plus my neighbour has the b&w 600 s2 model and they use a old yamaha receiver not sure which model tho and it sounds great. the same thing you told me that's the same thing the guy told them in the shop when they bought the speakers and the receiver. That was few years ago

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply bigboss. Gonna try out the yamaha rx-a810 and see how it sounds with my speakers. If it sounds good to me then am gonna keep it. the only thing the yamaha does not have is the thx and few other stuff. But i think the build quilty of the yamaha rx-a810 is better not sure tho

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT i wanted to ask you another thing. I have been offered the b&w asw 675 for £365 is this worth it or should i get another brand of subwoofer. Or the new b&w subwoofer cause with this price if i add another £140 i can get some new subwoofer with grantee and if i get the b&w 675 there is no grantee. Am asking this cause you have exprince with the 600 s3 speakers. And do u have to get the same make and model of the subwoofer to get the best sound or can i add another brand or same brand subwoofer thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
MrKay00 said:
Hi,

I really need some advice. On which one to go for. I will be only using it for movies and 3d movies only. I will be using it with my

B&W 602 S3

B&W LCR60 S3

B&W 600 S3

I coundnt buy the RXV 1067 from richer sounds due to some one else reserving it. And few days ago my old reciver died. So am in a hurry to buy one this coming week. Any advice will be great. So far these two reciver are selling for £549.95 in richer sounds. Thanks

Both will work well with the B&W's. It's just a case of getting to hear the options with your speakers so that you can choose the combination that you prefer the sound of, rather than relying on someone else's preference.

MrKay00 said:
Thanks for your reply bigboss. Gonna try out the yamaha rx-a810 and see how it sounds with my speakers. If it sounds good to me then am gonna keep it. the only thing the yamaha does not have is the thx and few other stuff. But i think the build quilty of the yamaha rx-a810 is better not sure tho

Dont worry about THX, for 2 reasons:

1) It's mainly a marketing gimmick. Not having a THX certification does not mean that the product is inferior in any way. Remember that the manufacturer has to pay a license fee to THX for its stamping, the cost of which is passed on to the customer. Yamaha simply decided not to present the receiver for certification. Just like Oppo 83 which did not submit its player to THX, but Lexicon did (despite being the same Oppo player):

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone

2) Every component has to be THX certified, to get the actual benefits of THX certification. So your TV & speakers also have to be THX certified, otherwise it won't work.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There can still be benefits to THX spec stuff when other products in the system aren't (more on the set up really), but at this sort of price point it doesn't need to be worried about. I personally don't see much point in THX below £1k

A

Anonymous

I just got back from my local richer sounds shop. They told me to go for the yamaha rxa-810

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply FrankHarveyHiFi and bigboss. about the thx stuff. I will be getting the yamaha rx-a810

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
very good choice, have to say yamaha make some stunning amps, i used to have the rxv1067, absolutely stunning, recently upgraded to the rxv3067 awesome, i have heard onkyo are very good but i believe yamaha are better, onkyo amps are not as robust as yammy's, also yammy's and b&w speakers will sound very very good, my uncle has a setup with yammy amp and b&w speakers they sound brill.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Haleem123 i really wanted to buy the rx-v1067 but coundnt find any. Not sure if they are better then the rx-a810 but probably are

MrKay00 said:
Thanks for your reply MUSICRAFT i think i will go ahead with the yamaha rx-a810 or do you think i should get the new models that are coming out. Plus my neighbour has the b&w 600 s2 model and they use a old yamaha receiver not sure which model tho and it sounds great. the same thing you told me that's the same thing the guy told them in the shop when they bought the speakers and the receiver. That was few years ago

Hi MrKay00

Your welcome.

The RX-V6773 & RX-V773 are the two new models on there way. I hate to state the obvious but only time will tell as to how to these new models will stack up to the Aventage RX-A810.

Anyway most of the B&W's 600 Series AV speaker systems I have sold are with Yamaha AV amplifiers. Fwiw, then and now i don't recall any of my clients being unhappy with this combination.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MrKay00 said:
MUSICRAFT i wanted to ask you another thing. I have been offered the b&w asw 675 for £365 is this worth it or should i get another brand of subwoofer. Or the new b&w subwoofer cause with this price if i add another £140 i can get some new subwoofer with grantee and if i get the b&w 675 there is no grantee. Am asking this cause you have exprince with the 600 s3 speakers. And do u have to get the same make and model of the subwoofer to get the best sound or can i add another brand or same brand subwoofer thanks

Hi MrKay00

If the ASW675 is in good condition then go for it as the ASW675 is an excellent sub woofer and a great match with the 600 S3 speakers :) Not having a guarantee is unfortunate however ASW675's are reliable and you've also got excellent back up from B&W's service department.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply MUSICRAFT i will be getting the yamaha rx-a810 this friday. I forgot to tell you last time that i had a eltax small 5.1 speakers. just got it out today. and the sub is ok it has a 150watts it's a eltax spectrum sub there is a picture of it hear

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqNHJEwE88eJ1GV7BPR3hNMmzg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

and the subwoofer front looks like this

http://www.son-video.com/images/static/Rayons/HomeCinema/EnceintesAV/Eltax/SpectrumW.jpg

will this subwoofer be ok if i set it up with the b&w speakers for the time being. The speaker set got a 5 star i think back in day thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts