Question Yamaha A-S201 volume issues!

TimSpain

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I have just purchased a Yamaha A-S201 amplifier and have the following concerns!
Firstly and of most importance the volume control is numbered 0 to 100, below about 45 there is no audible sound. I have tried two different pairs of loudspeakers that both work properly with a different amplifer! I have double checked all connections and settings, all good!
Also for an amplifier that is supposed to put out 100w rms per channel into 8ohms it's lacking in outright volume. I'm using speakers of high sensitivity, one set by Sony is rated at 90db/w and the other set which use fane drivers is rated at 95db/w and usually goes to ear piercing levels with modest input are no better!
Has anyone else experienced similar problems!

TimSpain

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Was this purchased from new from a dealer? If so, you might want to take it up with them.
Failing that, do you get the same issues on all inputs - i.e. CD / Tuner / Phono?
yes it was purchased on line in spain!
the vendor seems unable to understand my limited Spanish or any English, they just refer me to Yamaha who sent me from pillar to post and eventually a service agent who is 100 km away and who also seems unable or unwilling to communicate!

TRENDING THREADS