Yahama RXV-1065 HDMI 1080p help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently purchased the Yahama RXV 1065 and am very pleased except for the fact that I have tried to auto connect two different Panasonic Freeview DVD recorders via HDMI and the recorders return back to 576p everytime I switch off. I have to go back into the recorders menu and reset it back to 1080p. Set is a Panasonic full HD 1080p.

With a Sky HD box box borrowed from a friend the 1080p signal clicks in every time.

I was thinking of a Panasonic Freesat Blueray recorder but wonder if I will experience the same problem.

I posted for help on this question about a week ago but received no replies, Yahama Tecnical & Panasonic seem to think that the problem is with the other manufactures equipment! They did give some advice and I thought it was rectified but no such luck so I am asking for help from this forum once again. Is this a common problem?

I can cope with switching manually but my dear wife thinks it is all too complicated!

Thanks for looking

John

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I have experienced this involuntary resolution change as well with my Panasonic DVD recorder. Unfortunately, I can't help you explain why it's happening. However - just to throw in a curve ball - are you sure that getting the DVD recorder to upscale produces a better picture than letting it output at 576i and leaving your TV to upscale? Personally, I prefer the picture if I go down that route.

A

Anonymous

Not really help as such, but I have exactly the same problem with my kit, detailed in my sig. Panasonic dvr capable of 1080i running into a Yamaha ax763, thence to a Panasonic 1080p screen. Every time I want to use it, I find it's defaulted back to 576p too.

A

Anonymous

Sorreltiger:I have experienced this involuntary resolution change as well with my Panasonic DVD recorder. Unfortunately, I can't help you explain why it's happening. However - just to throw in a curve ball - are you sure that getting the DVD recorder to upscale produces a better picture than letting it output at 576i and leaving your TV to upscale? Personally, I prefer the picture if I go down that route.

Am pretty sure my screen is just a pass-through, probably like the op'ers.

A

Anonymous

GREENFROG93: auto connect

Does that mean that you have HDAVI Control function switched on (Viera Lnk)?

If so try switching it off. and see if that fixes it. I never switch that stuff on as it appears to me to have potential for causing problems. A far better option is a Harmony Universal remote control, so that everything happens at the touch of one button.

It may not have anything to do with the above, of course, but worth a try?

A

Anonymous

Hi, no in my case the Panasonic will simply display a 576p signal as received, with no upscaling done to it at all. It will display an upscaled picture no problem, but the upscaling has to be done by the device itself, not the tv.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all for your prompt replies to my question, so it looks like there is an issue with the HDMI connection between the Yahama and Panasonic products, the question for me now must be " is it effecting the picture quality as much as I thought?"

My set is the the Panasonic TX-37LZD70 and I think I remember my dealer telling me it upscaled everything fed into the HDMI input and after looking again I am almost convinced that the 576p input looks as good as the 1080p so it may be true.

One thing I am certain of is that the Sky Box feeding into the Yahama component AV5 and upscaling to 1080p is excellent and far better than via the upscaling DVD recorder.

Thanks again for your interest and help

Regards

John

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
No problem, John. You are right when you infer that your TV is upscaling and producing a good picture. If your TV wasn't upscaling, kaotician, a 576p source would only produce a small picture!

A

Anonymous

Sorreltiger,

Thanks again I am pleased with the Picture now and Yahama is sounding good,

Regards

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts