Xbox One Vs Playstation 4 - what is the difference?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Having lived with both now for around 4 weeks, I would have to say that the PS4 is a far superior machine.

Navigating around the menus on the xbox one takes an eternity, slow unresponsive and laggy, the PS4 on the other hand is much faster and slicker, the xbox one feels like a 10 year old PC compared to it.

Even the new xbox controller feels cheap compared to the new PS4 controller... I have around 6 people who have broken controllers or headsets within around 3 months of purchasing.

I have to say that my last gen console of choice was the 360 only using my PS3 for exclusives like uncharted and The last of us, but I feel times are a changing... my only regret is paying £400 for one game Titanfall, granted it is a great game but 792p resolution is not next gen.

theflyingwasp said:
bigboss said:
theflyingwasp said:
I expect most gamers will eventually own both consoles anyway.

Why?

yeah exactly what gel said.

there are less and less exclusives for each console now . But the Xbox one will have halo 5 this year and the ps4 will have drakes fortune 4.i expect the casual game player in time will have both consoles when prices drop.

i bought the Xbox on launch day and have not even played it. I checked it was working,played FIFA I got free with it ,then it has sat untouched until I can be bothered to play Titan fall (which has sat unopened in the drawer since last Friday ) which is a Xbox one exclusive.

the ps4 is the better machine and the games are full 1080p compared to 720p on the Xbox one. I bought 5 launch titles for the ps4 and I've only played killzone4 and maybe 10 mins of call of duty.

i doubt I will play the Xbox one much at all .just because you can afford to buy something dosent mean you should! I really should take my own advice I've got 6 bloody consoles sitting there and all I watch is movies!

....and that's exactly why MOST console buyers will have only 1 console. People buying both consoles will remain a minority, mainly because of the price.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm a man who had both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but I can't see me getting the Xbox One - there's just nothing that grabs me. I'm sure Titanfall is a great game, but I'll be able to get it on my 360 soon if I really want to play it. But, although it's a very good 1st person shooter, it is just another 1st person shooter at the end of the day, and they're not really my bag.

We'll see that the future brings, but it's going to have to be a quite a few pretty special games to get me to part with just another £300 for it (assuming significant price drops in the future), let alone another £400 that it would be at the moment.

T

theflyingwasp

If there was no exclusive titles I wonder which console would come out on top then?

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
professorhat said:
I'm a man who had both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but I can't see me getting the Xbox One - there's just nothing that grabs me. I'm sure Titanfall is a great game, but I'll be able to get it on my 360 soon if I really want to play it. But, although it's a very good 1st person shooter, it is just another 1st person shooter at the end of the day, and they're not really my bag.

We'll see that the future brings, but it's going to have to be a quite a few pretty special games to get me to part with just another £300 for it (assuming significant price drops in the future), let alone another £400 that it would be at the moment.

likewise, I owned the PS3 and the 360, but can't see myself getting an xbox 1. Will just play halo 5 on the 360 and stick with the PS4 for 'next gen'.

T

theflyingwasp

I'm not a gamer in fact I'm rubbish at games.with the next gen consoles I am only going to buy exclusives on the xbox1 and everything else on the ps4 where as last time it was exclusives to the ps3 and everything else on the 360.

the reason being this time the installation of games on the xbox1 is absolutely horrific the update and installation of titanfall was almost 40mins!!!!!!!!

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Several updates on the way for X1

You will no longer need a Gold account to use media dites like Netflix, Youtube etc

A free game a month just like on X360

Direct X12 which should half the cpu and gpu processing power for games (though slight flaw as any increase to cpu and gpu usage will create more heat)

emulation software on its way for both X1 and PS4

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
I'm not a gamer in fact I'm rubbish at games.with the next gen consoles I am only going to buy exclusives on the xbox1 and everything else on the ps4 where as last time it was exclusives to the ps3 and everything else on the 360.

the reason being this time the installation of games on the xbox1 is absolutely horrific the update and installation of titanfall was almost 40mins!!!!!!!!

My download cost £10 through BT too!

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
Xbone can now be bought without Kinnect for £350. A massive U-turn from Microsoft!

that is a massive u-turn, kinnect was supposed to be integral to the whole xbox 1 experience.

Looks like being outsold two-to-one by Sony has prompted some soul-searching at Microsoft (or panic, or a little bit of both).

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
theflyingwasp said:
I'm not a gamer in fact I'm rubbish at games.

.....and yet you have every game console known to man (including handhelds)! :eek:

You're surpassing gel by a big margin in buying items you don't really need!!!

Lol! :grin:

I have returned my headphones too! :wall:

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
bigboss said:
gel said:
I have returned my headphones too! :wall:

I'm not surprised. :roll:

why did you return the headphones? I'm sure you said you were definitely keeping them?!

I needed the money in the end. If I was going on a plane again, I will buy them again but that looks unlikely for a while now.

T

theflyingwasp

bigboss said:
theflyingwasp said:

.....and yet you have every game console known to man (including handhelds)! :eek:

I'm not even gonni defend myself it's ridiculous BB I'm surrounded by stuff I have no intention of ever using ,there's nothing I can do on my imac that I can't do on my iPhone.as for the consoles it's a complete farce and waste of money .ive barely played them for 2hours in total.just because you can afford to buy something dosent mean you should.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It's fair to say MS have finally seen the error of their original vision (as I predicted) and are desperately trying to damage control. With this move, they're alienating some early adopters and some developers, but I think the mainstream will understand this is what they needed to do in order to ensure they didn't get left behind in the next gen battle. I'm definitely expecting Xbox One to sell far more units now, and this is only a good thing for the consumer as it will keep Sony on their toes, assuming Sony can afford to keep going of course given their recent financial annoucements. Fingers crossed for everyone that they do - we need a two horse race to keep everyone honest.

I do find Yusuf Mehdi's arguments as to why PS4 is outselling Xbox One rather amusing though:

“People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short-term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360,” he explained. “We could point to any number of things.”

Sure, you've got to try and spin your company and product most of the time, but the way you become great at marketing is knowing when to hold your hands up and say "Sorry folks, we got it wrong, but now we're changing it - we're listening and we're reacting". The above statement on the other hand just makes him look silly and I certainly wouldn't trust many other things that come out of this man's mouth as a result.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
professorhat said:
It's fair to say MS have finally seen the error of their original vision (as I predicted) and are desperately trying to damage control. With this move, they're alienating some early adopters and some developers, but I think the mainstream will understand this is what they needed to do in order to ensure they didn't get left behind in the next gen battle. I'm definitely expecting Xbox One to sell far more units now, and this is only a good thing for the consumer as it will keep Sony on their toes, assuming Sony can afford to keep going of course given their recent financial annoucements. Fingers crossed for everyone that they do - we need a two horse race to keep everyone honest.

I do find Yusuf Mehdi's arguments as to why PS4 is outselling Xbox One rather amusing though:

“People have been more satisfied with the Xbox 360 than the PS3, so in that respect people have less of a need to upgrade in the short-term due to regular updates for the Xbox 360,” he explained. “We could point to any number of things.”

Sure, you've got to try and spin your company and product most of the time, but the way you become great at marketing is knowing when to hold your hands up and say "Sorry folks, we got it wrong, but now we're changing it - we're listening and we're reacting". The above statement on the other hand just makes him look silly and I certainly wouldn't trust many other things that come out of this man's mouth as a result.

+1, that's garbage on a grand scale from MS.

Now MS have dropped the kinect its only a matter of time till the price drops to £250 pre-Christmas, and at that stage I'll buy one (the old 360 is whirring like a knackered old washing machine so hasn't got long left,,).

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
bigboss said:
theflyingwasp said:

I'm not even gonni defend myself it's ridiculous BB I'm surrounded by stuff I have no intention of ever using ,there's nothing I can do on my imac that I can't do on my iPhone.as for the consoles it's a complete farce and waste of money .ive barely played them for 2hours in total.just because you can afford to buy something dosent mean you should.

Dude, haven't you ever heard of returns? :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts