Xbox One Power Issues - Thoughts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
mr malarky said:
IGN have also posted a 'side-by-side' video of battlefield 4 on both platforms, but to be honest watching this on my iPhone doesn't really tell me much so would be interested in the thoughts of anyone who can view this on a decent screen?

http://m.ign.com/videos/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

you can't judge anything from that video because it's an internet streaming video meaning it's heavily compressed and the resolution is not native. Kind of like saying listen to the difference between these two music devices then outputting the sound as 96kbps mp3's... :)

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
mr malarky said:
IGN have also posted a 'side-by-side' video of battlefield 4 on both platforms, but to be honest watching this on my iPhone doesn't really tell me much so would be interested in the thoughts of anyone who can view this on a decent screen?

http://m.ign.com/videos/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-xbox-oneps4-graphics-comparison

you can't judge anything from that video because it's an internet streaming video meaning it's heavily compressed and the resolution is not native. Kind of like saying listen to the difference between these two music devices then outputting the sound as 96kbps mp3's... :)

Thanks, good to know I'm not missing much as I peer at my tiny screen! :) (on hols at the moment).

Had a look at a 'side by side' video of COD Ghosts and the one difference that did stand out between the two was colour palette, with Xbox veering towards brown while ps4 was weighted towards blue, assuming both we're run through the same display I'm not sure what would account for that beyond different shading/lighting techniques used by the developers.

Am already committed to the ps4 now so all a bit redundant I guess, would be nice to have some time on the xbox for a comparison once the ps4 turns up, but I don't know a single person who'se actually ordered one??

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
It is concerning that quite a few of the launch titles on XBONE will not be running at a native 1080p but I'm still happy in my decision to get one and this time next week I will be playing games with it on my 92" screen:dance:

Having recently attended the XBONE tour in London and playing on the XBONE for over 5 hours I am convinced that the resolutiongate is down to programing issues rather than hardware issues. Forza 5 plays at 1080p 60fps natively and looks stunning! the new incar view is amazing and the cars looks miles ahed of those on the 360. Now I know there is nothing next-gen in terms of gameplay on Forza but the extra graphical punch coupled with the way the new rumble features in the controler does feal like a big step forward. Oh and Kinect actually works this time!

I also played FIFA which was good, BF4 which was a much more detailed over the 360, DR3 which was insane, Killer Instinct which was very fast and fluid to play,Kinect Sports which responded well to your body movements and you can stand much closer this time, and Finally Ryse which graphically is stunning but TBH the gameplay is a little bit button bashing for me.

T

theflyingwasp

If there was no such thing as exclusive titles on each console why would anyone buy the xbox one?

almost £100 more and with the looks of things pretty much beaten by the ps4 in every department

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft have confirmed the gameplay broadcast feature won't be available at launch. Also there's an embargo against sites reviewing Ryse although other games can be reviewed. Probably because Ryse (which is viewed as the flagship launch title) got slated by gameinformer and microsoft wants to limit the bad pr until after launch

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I have bought both - however I pre ordered my Xbox One from the microsoft store for £429.99 - got just over £20 cash back through Quidco and a download copy of Fifa 14 which would have cost be £40 quid - so if you take those out the unit cost me about £370 give or take which is less than I paid for my ps3 at lauch from memory many years ago so not really bad value.

Have also purchased Forza 5 but that is all for now as none of the other lauch titles with the exception of ghosts and need for speed really interested me - just waiting for the comparison reviews and will buy the best version as also have ps4 on order - i know ghosts is better on ps4 waiting to see comparisons of need

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Most of the reviews of the Xbox One hardware are saying to hold off buying one. I wasn't convinced earlier on but placed a preorder in case I missed out but I've decided to cancel as none of the games appear worth the outlay at the moment.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
not seen any review saying hold off buying one - seen a few saying that not everything will be ready and working on friday and will be rolled out over coming months - have to say the line ups on both consoles alittle disapointing - wii u doesn't look so bad now!

the hdmi in has quite a bit of latensy lag so although not designed to have another games console plugged in it will be pretty useless for anything but your sky/cable box

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Both Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 have got solid reviews on IGN. I've just pre-ordered Assasin's Creed 4 for the PS4 which I've decided will be my other launch day game alongside Killzone (+ the free games you get on PS Plus as well). Weekend of 29th is booked out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts