Xbox One Owners Thoughts?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
so who picked one up on release day and initial thoughts?

mine was at home waiting as i got in from work - well packaged - all necessary cables - not sure on some of the size comparisons as really not that big or heavy - shiny/matt square box functional without flare - smallest instruction manual ever seen although walk through on dashboard

quick to set up but took ages to download everything prob cause everyone picking up on same day - not sure bes idea - could have staggered over few days across world - takes forever to copy game to hard disk although can start to play after certain perentage - got a few games of forza in before leaving it to download everything over night - just stacked them with no issues and all done by morning

forza n fifa both fun and run great but not really sure graphical power really makes them any more fun to play than the older 360 versions - big issue is lack of original games / downloads - fun but not blown away - can't help but feel a little rushed to get to market and nothing spectacular to show off about. Nothing reviewed amazingly well - exclusives all very average - maybe i expected too much. Bit concerned not enough good stuff on the horizon -titanfall and watchdogs next big things and not out till march - could be baron few months

the dashboard is just like windows 8, can make your own and pin stuff to it but not enough on it as yet

xbox live as yet gets you nothing special really after the online gaming services - skype/internet/aps that have on every other machine in some form whether games console/tablet/pc- music n movies will explore later but again have sky and use other online music services

not tried pluging sky box in to it as would involve some kit moving rewiring - would like to know if its just a pass through or any image processing going on - microsoft might have missed a trick here

glad so far had no issues with hardware - joypads def an improvement and kinect seems more responsive than previous - will be interesting to see how this develops

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Thought would add to this and update now had some extra time with it

Forza runs extremely well and so fluid – cars are fast and there is a real sense of speed with cars feeling very different to one another - the whole thing just looks pretty – I said before not sure if the graphical update added to the fun but now beginning to see the bigger picture – great game even if some cars are too expensive although believe they are looking in to this!

Need for Speed is great fun and brutal online with very little slow down of any description for an open world online racer – probably the best played yet in terms of things running how they should – very addictive and great fun

Fifa just a graphical upgrade – nothing wow but runs super smoothly

Dead Rising and Ryse due in next couple of days after the offers this weekend at Zavvi - £36 a piece / bargain nearly!

manicm

Listen up matengawhat and other XB1/PS4 early-adopters, since no-one held guns to your heads I will wait some months before deciding which console to buy and so will be expecting regular updates from you to help me in my decision! :twisted:

The PS4 will be released on 15th Dec in my country, no word of the XB1 yet - in fact no adverts yet at all.

mogsie

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
my son got one for christmas and all i can say was what a nightmare we had regarding strict nat type, spent days manualy forwarding ports etc to no avail, ordered a new more modern router still no help, manualy forwarded ports on new router and still strict nat type hours on the phone to both xbox and sky (my isp) and nothing, so decided to send xbox back for replacement incase it was a console fault, so done a factory default reset on console and hey OPEN nat type ! my head was stressed, but atleast it is sorted now, but think is should heve more info regarding this nat type issue, as we struggled to find any support regarding this from xbox.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I was interested in buying one. But after reading a precise article in the Spiegel, I let it be and will not buy a new generation console anymore.

What I did specifically dislike with the xbox one is the fact that she analyse who's standing at my house, uses my facebook profile to identify my friends, record randomly discussions or situation in my own house and then send it to unkown third persons that are called "trusted xbox one members and enterprises". The fact that I am not owner of the games I buy is although a problem for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts