Writing on atlas hyper 3.0 cable

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Not that it makes any difference, but does anyone know what (EUPEPE) stands for ?

It is printed on some speaker cable I have and wolud like to know what this means.
confused.gif

Thanks.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
John Carrick at Atlas seems like a helpful chap, he gave me very speedy and informative replies when I made enquiries. You could try him at J.Carrick@atlascables.com

Does it definitely say EUPEPE, not PTFE or OFC?

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
The actual printing says... Atlas Hyper 3.0 PTFE/OFC Speaker Cable (EUPEPE)

Cheer's for the reply,I'll wait and see if I can get an answer here.

If no one knows I may try John Carric as you suggest.

A

Anonymous

Hi, All Atlas cables are purpose made for their application according to their price points. That's how we get a commonalty of sound or video characteristics that reveal more information as we improve the conductor type from OFC, through OCC and pure Silver and the dielectrics from Polyethylene through Teflon (PTFE) to our new and unique Microporous Teflon, and finally the solder free plugs quality.

No Atlas cables are purloined from another application. All are researched, developed and designed by Atlas. The number on the sheath to which you refer is our batch production number.

Anyone wanting to understand the science behind our designs may find it at www.atlascables.com or call me on the freephone number we provide in the site.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
j.carrick said:
Hi, All Atlas cables are purpose made for their application according to their price points. That's how we get a commonalty of sound or video characteristics that reveal more information as we improve the conductor type from OFC, through OCC and pure Silver and the dielectrics from Polyethylene through Teflon (PTFE) to our new and unique Microporous Teflon, and finally the solder free plugs quality.

No Atlas cables are purloined from another application. All are researched, developed and designed by Atlas. The number on the sheath to which you refer is our batch production number.

Anyone wanting to understand the science behind our designs may find it at www.atlascables.com or call me on the freephone number we provide in the site.

John, it's good to have you aboard.....and I hope you poke your nose in from time to time.

A

Anonymous

You may be confident they sound the same. We consider it a duty of care to maintain a strict quality control regime, hence the codes on the cables. They tell us the batch numbers, the date of production etc. If at any time we receive a complaint (and we don't) then we can check the product against it's batch code. So your Hyper or indeed any other Atlas cable will perform and sound exactly the same as the one you hear demonstrated or the one you saw reviewed.

John

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi vonchief,

You have a differant batch to me; my Hyper 3 speaker cable says: OEEOPE.

I wonder if they sound exactly the same..............
rofl.gif

grin.gif
Phew, you got me thinking there..or should that be pew ? (pepe joke for andrew)

Nice to hear all batches sound the same.

I have found the whole tone has changed for the better with this cable. Was previously using chord epic twin which at first I thought I had found the perfect cable with all the extra detail heard, but it soon became apparant that voices in particular sounded too high pitched.

The chord I would think would be great for systems that are perhaps a little bass heavy.The epic seems to suck out mid bass in my system whilst retaining deep bass.

With the hyper cable all the details seem to still be there but without forcing them at you, voices sound much more natural.

My speakers are perhaps a little lean sounding so this could be why the atlas cable suits so well.

Maybe ill try some Atlas interconnects next... but which batch do I go for ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts