Question Would people recommend Trio monoblocks with mission 753 speakers

Jezza

May 16, 2021
Visit site
Recently bought mission 753s on ebay for large room with the intention to listen to a range of music at loud volume. I understand that monoblock amps often feature in high end systems. Have te opportunity to buy a pair of kenwood trio L-07 monoblock power amplifuers, serviced and with 1 year warranty, for £750 (or less if I make an offer}

Would be used with a high quality dac and laptop input for now, pre amp and vinyl an option down the line.

Any thoughts on this combination?

Last edited:

Jezza

May 16, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Al ears. I have gone for the trio monoblocs and will have them next week.

You make a good point about the pre amp.

I've aquired a Rel B2 Britannia Sub as well. I'm looking to use a laptop for main input but also leave option open for vinyl and therefore need a dac/preamp that with the following features:

· Dual outputs

· Analogue input for turntable or other feed to act as full preamp with volume control

· USB input for laptop feed

Any recommendation, used, for around £750?

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks Al ears. I have gone for the trio monoblocs and will have them next week.

You make a good point about the pre amp.

I've a quires a Rel B2 Britannia Sub as well. I'm looking to use a laptop for main input but also leave option open for vinyl and therefore need a dac/preamp that with the following features:

· Dual outputs

· Analogue input for turntable or other feed to act as full preamp with volume control

· USB input for laptop feed

Any recommendation, used, for around £750?

Cheers
hopefully others will be along with suggestions, DAC / preamps are not my expertise.

insider9

If I understand what's required then Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ should match all the boxes. Some patience might be required to get it under £750 but a couple sold recently within the budget. As long as you're not pressed for time it's very doable.

Edit
Apologies, missed the sub. It's not that it's not doable. Mytek has both balanced and unbalanced out. If you utilise both one to go to mono blocks and the other to sub you're ok. Don't know what connections you have on your mono blocks or the sub.

Reactions: Jezza

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts